30. Flashbacks

'Cause you on one
When you said you loved me, there's no one
They can't take you from me, yeah
We both say we don't (Yeah)
But we know the truth now
And I don't want nobody else fuckin' with you now
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Y'all real quick before I start, I wanna say thank you guys so much!!! Thanks to y'all voting on my chapters this story is #1 under both #teambreezy and #indigo. Your comments really make my day, fr. Okay I'm not gone hold y'all up.

India
"A music video? You told me we were only doing a photo shoot, not a video shoot?" I sat at lunch with my manager, Savannah Wilkes.

"I did tell you only a photo shoot. The video opportunity just came up yesterday. It would be a great chance to boost your recognition, India." She tried to persuade me.

"First things first, who is this shoot for? Second of all, I only have 2 days left here. I need more than two days to do a whole video shoot." I crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair.

"The shoot is for Bryson Tiller. We showed him your profile and he said you would work fine for the video. Now about time, you would need to spend at least 3 or 4 more days here. Depending on how good the shoot goes, possibly 2." She took a sip of her lemonade while I just stared at her with furrowed eyebrows. How is she so damn calm about this?

"I don't know, Sav. I miss my family. I'm kind of ready to go home on Friday. This is really short notice too." I scratched the back of my head and rested my chin in my palm.

"I understand that India, I do. But this is your chance to put yourself out there."

"I'm kind of already out there." I rolled my eyes in remembrance of the ShadeRoom posts.

"Without the help of Chris." She put emphasis on the word. I sighed deeply and pondered on it for a second.

How would Chris feel about this? He's been waiting so long for me to come home, I don't want to make him wait longer. He's going on tour soon too, meaning the more time I stay here the less time I get to see him. I miss my daughter too.

"I'm sorry, I think I'm gonna have to go home on time. I have a daughter to get back to." I broke it to her in the nicest way my smart mouth would allow me to. Her expression hardened and she huffed. Attitude much?

"Alright." She uttered.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I sat in the tub with my knees pulled to my chest as I waited for the FaceTime dial tone to end, and for Chris to answer the phone. I didn't prop my phone up, just in case somebody besides for Chris answered the phone.

"What it do, babyyyyy!" I heard Aug yell over the speaker.

"Auggie?! Is that you?"

"Nah, bitch it's Tremaine." He spoke with sarcasm in his tone.

"I know my daughter there. Stop cussing before I fly back home and whoop yo' tail." I ordered him.

"Yes, ma'am." I heard shuffling and chatter in the background.

"Hey, babygirl." Chris's melting, soothing raspy voice came into scene.

"Hi, baby. How's everything going down there?" I sunk further into the tub, letting the water reach up to my neck.

"Pretty good. Me and Ro miss you. Say hi to mommy, princess." Chris spoke to Royalty.

"Hi, mama!" She yelled over the phone, causing me to swoon. This girl is the cutest living thing on the Earth in my eyes. Savannah really thought I would want to stay longer away from that.