17. Little More (Royalty)

My baby my royalty, girl you're the lyrics to my song
Girl you got this heart lock on me, I don't thinkI can control it
I hold on with all my might while you look at me in my eyes
Like a vitamin you put back my energy
And making me stronger, bring out the best of me
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
Today, India was bringing over my baby girl so I can finally see her. It really still pisses me off that she hid my child from me in the first place. All over some dumb shit that didn't even happen. Like she didn't even try to talk to me, she just up and left like it was nothing. She didn't come back to tell me she was pregnant, I wasn't there through any of it. I didn't even know I had a daughter. Ain't that some shit?

I heard a loud knock on the door and I shot up from my resting stance on the couch. I turned the TV off and jogged over to the door, swinging it open eagerly. India was standing there with my beautiful princess laying in her arms. She was resting on her chest, but her eyes were open. Her hair was ridiculously long and really curly, sort of like mine. Her eyelashes fluttered every time she blinked. I stood and admired her for a second, before turning my attention towards India. She was staring at me the same way she used to when we first hung out.

"Can you stop? Where's her stuff?" I looked away from her and cleared my throat.

"Sorry. Jay's getting it." She motioned behind her.

"Jay?" Just as I said that, some dude walked up to my porch carrying a small pink duffel bag.

"Here you go." He handed me the bag without looking at me. I raised an eyebrow and glanced over at India, who's eyes were focused on the ground.

"Who is this?"

"Chris, this is my boyfriend Jay. Jay, this is my baby daddy Chris." She flashed a fake smile. I returned to him the same weird glare he was giving me. I shook my head and moved to the side, allowing the two of them in. As they walked past me, I set Royalty's bag down on the ground and closed the door.

"I see much hasn't changed. Much cleaner." India called out from behind me.

"Sure. Can we skip the small talk and get to the point?" I took a seat on the couch across from the couple.

"Aye bruh, you ain't gotta talk to her like-"

"I'm not talking to you. Now can you explain this co-parenting sh- stuff to me, India?" I placed emphasis on her name to make it clear I was only addressing her.

"You get her every 2 weeks so since today is the 21st, you'll get her for the second half of every month. From the 16th to the 30th. This week you'll only have her for one week because of technical difficulties." She cleared her throat after the last sentence. I chuckled at how absurd she sounded. Technical difficulties my ass.

"Uh huh. You have a schedule for her feeding times and sh- stuff?" I had to correct my close errors considering my daughter was sitting in the same room. She wasn't gonna get that cursing shit from me. India nodded and took a folded piece of paper out of her purse, handing it to me. I took it from her and unfolded it, skimming through it quickly. Damn, I gotta feed her at 3 in the fucking morning? This shit finna be a drag.

"Another thing, she's teething so if she starts crying she either needs to be changed, wants attention, or her gums hurt. Give her the ring if it's option three." I glanced over at her to see her already chewing on the purple ring. She looked so innocent and clueless.

"Can I hold her?" I asked, about to rise from the couch.

"It's your daughter, I don't see why not." She motioned for me to go ahead. I walked over and picked Royalty up and tucked my arm under her, seeing how adorable she really was. I softly pushed her hair out of her face and smiled as she reached up to grab my face.