24. Don't Slow Me Down

You got me in my feelings, I felt a way
How she gon' act like she don't know nobody?
She probably got a new man in her life
Well fuck that nigga
I could care less what he do for you, babe
'Cause everything that I do is amazing
Baby, we doing our own thing
Yeah, together, together, ooh
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
"Damn, Breezy. This one right here hits." Trey complimented as we sat in the studio listening to the tracks of my unreleased album, Indigo.

"I try." I brushed off his compliments.

"Another long ass album? You know you can split these shits up and make 3 consecutive albums. That's a chance for 3 more Grammys." August hinted. He brought a blunt to his lips and lit it, taking a long drag.

"I'm not worried about a Grammy, man. I'm not only an award winning artist, but I'm a storyteller. This? This a real story." I nodded confirming that my words aligned with my thoughts.

"Damn. Man whatever, shut yo deep ass up." August waved me off and slumped back in his chair, taking another drag of the blunt he was smoking.

"Ight bruh, imma head out though. India making me shop for shit." I huffed and stood up.

"That's what love will do to you." Trey shrugged and dapped me up.

"Man, fuck that love shit." August dismissed.

"So you saying that there wasn't no feelings there for her sister?" I challenged. August kissed his teeth and waved me off again. Me and Trey laughed in response to his stubborn acts.

"Later y'all." I waved as I walked out of the glass doors of the studio.

Target

When I got to the store, I was low-key lost as hell. I forgot what India even sent me there for. Diapers and some shit. Guess some shit gone have to wait.

I didn't even bother getting a cart, I ain't going on no shopping spree in no damn Target. As I walked around looking for the maternity aisle, all I constantly saw were pregnant women. Some with stomachs as large as watermelons, others smaller, some even bigger. Makes me wonder what India looked like with her belly. Probably sexy as hell. Is that weird?

I did notice that most came from one aisle. Guess I found it. I took a right turn into that aisle to see another man, looking around for something. I scanned the shelves, looking for the brand of diapers she asked me to get. Problem is, I don't remember which one. Shit.

"Having some trouble over there?" The man spoke up with a bottle of something in his hands.

"Hell yeah. My wife asked me to get some diapers for my daughter. I don't know what brand to get though." I responded, explaining my dilemma.

"Huggies. I think that's what most infants wear." He advised me. I skimmed through the aisle before my eyes landed on the brand he suggested. Well, it looks right. I picked it up and tucked it under my arm.

"Thanks, uh..?" I waited for him to tell me his name.

"Terrell."

My heart stopped. Ain't that the name of India's crazy ex boyfriend? He talking to me like a stranger though, maybe it isn't him. Maybe he's doing that on purpose? Shit, should I tell her? No, I don't want to worry her. I don't even know if that's him.