29. Technology

I want you close, closer baby
Cause this long distance ain't working for me
Why do you have to be overseas
Cause this technology
It don't do it for me
Baby you know I'm in love
Your body, I got the answers
Why you teasing me all the time
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
My baby really left me today and I swear this shit don't feel normal. I miss her so much already and it hasn't even been 24 hours. The thing is, it's so early over there that if I were to call her at 9:00 it would still be like 6:00 for her.

I watched as the screen of my ongoing FaceTime changed from ringing to connecting. I immediately got happy as her clean face and messy bun entered my vision. I could tell she was jet lagged.

"Hey, baby daddy." India's pearly whites illuminated the space around her. I propped the phone up against a pillow on the bed.

"Hey, baby momma. You enjoying yourself?" I pulled the covers over me and Royalty, who decided she wanted to sleep with me tonight.

"I haven't done much. I'm super lagged though. Shooting isn't until tomorrow morning." She yawned and set up her phone sideways as she lied in bed.

"Are you excited?"

"Ecstatic." She confirmed her feelings.

"You're doing big things, baby." I smiled, genuinely feeling proud of my princess. Modeling has always been something she's wanted to do, so seeing her achieve that really makes me admire her even more. I'm gonna marry this girl, I swear.

"Thanks, Chrissy. Give my princess a kiss for me." She referred to Royalty who's forehead made a cameo in the camera. I moved her hair to the side and kissed her forehead. She shifted slightly, but remained encased in her slumber.

"I miss you guys like crazy already." India poked out her bottom lip, pouting like a spoiled child. I chuckled, knowing I was just thinking the same thing.

"We miss you too. As soon as you get back, imma-" I glanced down at Royalty and covered her ears slightly. "Tear that pussy up." I whispered. India gasped and covered her face, seemingly blushing.

"You are disgusting, Christopher Maurice." She called out my government name.

"You still love me though." I taunted.

"Yeah, I really do love me. What a great person I am." She jokingly praised herself, causing me to squint my eyes. I kissed my teeth and flicked her off, grumbling.

"Calm down, Reece. I love you too." She tried to atone for her actions by buttering up to me.

"I don't like you."

"That's how you feel?" India challenged.

"Is it?" I countered.

"Okay." She reaches for her phone, but I presumed she was really reaching for the end call button.

"Okay, I quit!" I chuckled as I saw the smirk on her face form. She got comfortable in her bed again, snuggling up underneath the covers. Wish I was there. I saw her eyes slowly close, which would allow me to go to sleep as well.

The Next Morning
I woke up around 12 expecting to see India's
resting body, but instead I saw a black screen on my still propped up phone. I didn't see Royalty under my arm, causing me to shoot up. Taking a sigh of relief, I saw her sitting by the edge of the bed, playing with something unrecognizable. I heard a loud knock at the door, startling me.

I threw the covers off of me and picked up my daughter, heading to the front door. I tiredly opened it, seeing August and Trey standing there. August was lighting up, so I snatched the blunt and threw it behind him.