16. Zero

I thought we were great
You took your love back and ran this off track
I counted all the days
'Til you would come back, how stupid was that
Now you're missing what we used to have
Guess the vodka brought the feeling back
I was caught up in the aftermath
But now, if you really wanna know

India

It's been over a year since I left Chris. I haven't talked to him, tried to reach out to him, none of that. For about a good month he would call Olivia and Blessing, trying to find me. At one point, the calls just stopped. I'm glad they did though. I don't ever want to talk to him, or about him again.

In other news, I had my baby girl. I named her Royalty. She's 7 months.Royalty Manory. She is the sweetest thing ever presented to mankind. Yes, she's Chris's daughter, and you can tell she is, but I meant it when I said I didn't want Chris back in my life in any shape, way, or form. Not even co-parenting. He doesn't get that privilege after he messed up our relationship. Also, I'm in a new relationship as well. I moved back to New York after I found out I was pregnant. There, I met Jaiden. In fact, Jaiden was the barista from Starbucks that I had met on my birthday. Odd coincidence that he was in New York at the same time I was. He knows about Royalty. The two of them have such a great relationship that you would've thought that he was her father. Well, she does. 

"You need to get up. You've been in the house all week." Jaiden nagged at me about my lazy habits.

"I don't feel like it. Royalty has been keeping me up all night. I'm exhausted Jay, leave me alone." She constantly cries since she started teething about a month ago. I rolled over on my side, facing away from him. Just as I thought I was going to get some peace and quiet, I felt the covers being ripped off of me, exposing my legs to the cool October air. I groaned in response to the climate in the room and curled myself into a ball, hugging my legs for warmth. That didn't work much, seeing how goosebumps tickled my skin rapidly. I huffed and threw my legs off of the bed, seeing the evil grin plastered on his face.  I pushed him aside and stormed past to go to my daughter's room. She was sitting on the floor chewing on her purple teething ring. Her expression lit up once she saw me and she extended her arms in the air and opened and closed her fingers, indicating that she wanted me to pick her up. 

"Hi, princess." I smiled as I picked her up and rested her on my hip. I pushed her hair out of her face, which I noticed grew ridiculously fast like Chris's.

"All this hair. What am I gonna do with you little lady?" I tickled her side, causing adorable little giggles to emit from her mouth. I carried her to the bathroom and sat her on the sink, getting her hair products out of the medicine cabinet. I sprayed her hair with the spray bottle and combed through effortlessly, giving me nostalgia on the time I did Chris's hair for him. I swear this girl was the splitting image of him. It's hard not to think about him when I see his face in her everyday.

I parted it into two halves and brushed both sides into high ponytails. I placed a purple bow on each side and did her edges with a small toothbrush. I kissed her forehead and picked her back up, taking her back to her bedroom. I sat her in her crib and went back into the room where Jay was sitting on the bed, fully clothed.

"Girl, go wash yo' ass. I'm tryna go to the mall." 

"Shut up talking to me." I got two towels and went back to the bathroom.

When I was done with my shower, I went back into the room to change. I settled on a black short sleeved dress, with white Nike socks, green, black, and white sneakers, and a Laval strapped bag. I took a few pictures and posted them to my Instagram. I went downstairs to see Jay sitting with Royalty in his lap. None of us were matching at all, which sort of disappointed me.