33. All On Me

You don't know where you're going 'til it's gone
And you don't realize the damage 'til it's done
Think you got time, runnin' 'round, you just having fun
All the while, know the demons that harmed you won't leave you alone
I've been by myself, tryna heal my wounds
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Karin
"New York? What she go to New York for?" I scrunched up my face as I spoke on the phone with Savannah. She just told me that Teaira just up and left LA.

"I don't know, but all I know is she doesn't plan on coming back. She was saying she got some quote on quote business to handle. I don't really care though." I painted a clear coat over the previously painted white polish on my toes.

"She can really stay out there with her hoe ass." I closed the polish and set it down on my dresser.

"To be honest, I was ready to release her from her contract. Like when I say that girl does me no justice, man." Savannah admitted.

"That's why her dumbass was looking for a sugar daddy cause she ain't got noooo coin." I said causing Savannah to chuckle.

"Still though, what's in New York that she wants?" I pondered on her reasoning for migrating to such a far away state. Then it clicked.

"Wait a god damn minute!" I shouted.

"What? What's wrong?" She asked, concerned.

"Alright so the night that India died, Teaira was literally begging me to take her to the bathroom. Fed up with her, I just agreed. When we came back, India was gone. Just poof. During that period, Teaira was talking about stealing her man and shit and that's when I got mad and went outside. Then I found India's phone with the picture, and called the police." I explained that fateful night.

"Okay and what does this have to do with Teaira going to New York?" Savannah asked me to elaborate.

"Chris and India stayed out there with their daughter. Don't you find it a little funny how now that India's gone she wants to go there?"

"So what you're telling me is now that India is gone, Teaira wants to steal her man?" Savannah asked.

"It all makes sense! I feel like there's something even deeper to it, but I can't put my finger on what that is." I have a really bad gut feeling about Teaira. Like on a serious note, I'm not trusting her right now. Not like I ever did though.

"You could possibly be right. You said this all happened on the night that India died?"

"Yeah. Teaira was acting real weird." I rolled my eyes. After a moment of silence, I think something hit her.

"Yo! What if Teaira was in on it?"

"On India's murder? I don't know man, she seem too stupid to be in on anything." I scratched the back of my head and scrunched my face up.

"No, think about it. She was probably trying to drag you to the bathroom to get India alone. When you guys came back and India was gone, she was probably trying to brush it off or make up some excuse so you wouldn't go investigating." Savannah brainstormed.

"Shit! We could be jumping the gun and Teaira can just be a dumb bitch, but for right now I think we're on to something."

"Should we tell the police?" Savannah asked. I thought about it for a second.

"Nah. Let's wait it out and see how close to Chris she plans on getting." I chewed on my lip as I scrolled through Teaira's feed and cane across a photo of her and India she posted.