41. Stereotype

Can't blame you
You were only being yourself
I fell in love with someone that I barely knew, why?
Fool me once, shame on you, baby
Fool me twice
Should have know that there would be
Problems girl, with you
But I thought
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
"In the last trial, we called Ms. Karin Jinsui to the stands as a witness of some of the improper actions Ms. Manory accused Ms. Walker of committing. Unable to handle the truth, she called, quote on quote, "bluff" on her statements. So in order to prove to you that Karin did not speak anything but the truth, we had her take a lie detector test." I glanced over to Teaira who tried to hide her nervousness with an "I don't give a fuck" attitude. Well I give a fuck. I'm not going to prison.

"When humans lie, it can be shown by increased heart rate, blood pressure, and perspiration. This is how a polygraph works. Your honor, can you read a polygraph?" Paria turned to him, opening a file.

"Yes, I can." She handed him a white sheet of paper, presumably Karin's test results.

"If you don't mind, can you please read off these questions, answers, and results the to the jury."

"She was asked, 'Did Teaira pressure you into taking her to the bathroom on the night of India's abduction?' Karin answered yes. She told the truth. 'Did you have any clue to why she wanted specifically you to go so bad?' She answered no. She told the truth." The judge began reading off the answers. I saw the scowl on Teaira's face grow with every question asked.

"'Did Teaira try to divert the situation away from India's disappearance?' She answered yes. She told the truth. 'Did Teaira mention anything regarding to India or her family when she was not present?' She answered yes. She told the truth." I glanced at Karin who was fighting the smirk that urged to expose her entire mindset. I decided to alleviate mine, letting it show completely.

"Thank you, your honor. Karin, you can return to your seat." Paria dismissed her. Karin joined me, giving me a discrete low five.

"Now today we're going to do something a little unexpected. Your honor, I call Christopher Brown to the stand." Paria presented before turning her attention towards the double doors. I whipped my head around, seeing Chris basically catwalk down the aisle. I didn't exactly know how to feel, considering the fact that nobody informed me of this. Once he reached my row, he gave me a sly wink before continuing his journey to the stand.

"Chris, can you please tell the jury what your first encounter with Teaira was like?"

"Sure." He rasped before clearing his throat. "Uh, I don't remember the month. I know it wasn't too long before India came back. She came knocking on my door, saying she had some of India's things. Which she did. The promise ring, my t-shirt, and a photograph we took on her birthday. After she gave me those things, she left." Chris explained.

"Did she do anything suspicious, or anything that would cause doubt to raise?" Paria heightened her eyebrow as she interrogated him.

"Not exactly. She gave me her number. Of course, I didn't keep it." He said honestly.

"Why not?"

"I didn't want any other women in my life besides for family. She just seemed off to me. I don't know how she got my address, but I always wondered." Teaira rolled her eyes as Chris went on.

"Logical. Now after this first encounter, did she come back?"

"Yes. Multiple times actually." He nodded his head.

"Did these visits go like the first?"

"Somewhat. She kept bringing over 'more of India's stuff'. It confused me as to why she didn't just bring it all over at once if they were all India's. Some of the things she brought over didn't look like they belonged to her. The clothes weren't her size, smaller than the last time I bought her clothes, which was February. I brushed it off though because since she gained weight after she had Royalty, I figured maybe she was reverting back to her original shape. I don't know how long it takes to lose baby weight." I heightened my eyebrow. Is he calling me fat?