4 🦊

Namjoon's parents were downstairs in the dining room, eating breakfast. Namjoon headed downstairs and greeted them, then started to eat when his father started talking to him.

"The new neighbors are coming over today, we're throwing them a house warming party to welcome them to our neighborhood." Something kept poking around Namjoon's pants,
until it slithered out of the cloth and stood upwards.

It was his fury tail. He was unable to control his excitement when his father mentioned the Kims were visiting them.

"Eat up so you can help me clean around the house before they arrive, okay?" Namjoon nodded at his mom, who caressed his cheek, making his ears wiggle.

And with that, after they had breakfast, they all started to prepare the house to receive their guests. Namjoon made sure his room was spotless. He rarely makes a mess, since he likes being clean, so he didn't have a lot to clean up.

Once everything was done, the tired wolf sighed, feeling the energy drain out of his body.

The doorbell rang from downstairs, meaning that their guests had arrived. Namjoon rushed down the flight of stairs like a child of Christmas Day, only to greet two adults, not three.

"Good afternoon, Namjoonie. Jinnie couldn't make it today, unfortunately. He felt sick and
decided to stay home, I apologize on his behalf." Jin's mother said, crushing Namjoon's illusion of meeting with Jin.

All of his hard work on keeping his room clean and setting up his video games, all of that
for nothing, now that he couldn't see the friendly guy he met yesterday.

But he didn't let that get his hopes down, he tapped on the woman's shoulder to daringly ask her something.

"If your son can't come to us, then... Can I go to him? May I visit Jinnie?" He adjusted his hoodie, making sure his ears wouldn't show as he saw his mom and Jin's mom look at each other.

Their exchanged facial expressions only signaled one thing: Denial. And that's exactly what Namjoon got for an answer.

Jin's mother explained to him that Jin couldn't accept any visitors in the condition he was
currently in. Namjoon's mother gave Namjoon a half-hearted smile, then pat his shoulder.

"It's okay, Joonie. You can see Jin when he feels better, right, Mrs. Kim?" She smiled at Jin's mother, who agreed.

"Yes, of course he can." The adults settled things down, and continued talking. Namjoon felt so bummed out, that he didn't desire to talk to any of them.

He wanted to isolate himself for a while in his room, but he didn't want to be rude and leave his guests unattended, therefore the wolf just lingered around in case they needed anything, such as a drink, a snack, or directions to the restroom and whatnot.

Aside from being upset, Namjoon finds ways to cheer himself up easily and isn't the type to hold grudges or start tantrums over anything.

Yes, he was sad about not being able to see Jin. But he there was still one way that he could see the boy without disturbing his parents or his own.

Texting.

"May I be excused?" Before leaving, Namjoon asked his mom permission. He is always a very well-mannered young man. His mother nodded her head. He thanked her and ran upstairs, grabbing his phone.

Namjoon: [I heard you couldn't come over because you were feeling poorly, are you okay,
Jin?] He waited a while for his reply, but soon enough, the wolf received a message.

Jin: [Joonie!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to go :( I just had an upset stomach, but I'm okay. No worries!] Namjoon sighed, a wave of relief washing over him.

He then thought of something.

Namjoon: [Are you saying you feel better? All better?]

Jin: [Yes. Jinnie feels all better! But I still can't leave the house. I'm sorry.] He found Jin talking in third person cute.

Namjoon: [Then how about I go to yours?] The boy took a while to reply, so as soon as he did, Namjoon grabbed his phone as fast as he could while changing out of his formal clothes.

Just in case Jin approved of his visit, of course.

Jin: [To my house? I'm not sure. My mom and dad might disagree with it.] He was about to change again, when Jin texted him seconds later.

Jin: [Oh, wait! My parents are in your house, so you can visit me without a problem. But just don't tell them you were coming here to avoid getting me in trouble, okay?]

Namjoon: [Yes, yes! I'll be right over.] Namjoon wasn't planning on leaving his phone behind, so he took it with him in case his parents found it and found out he was in Jin's house.

He used the back door without telling his parents anything, and sneakily ran away to see Jin.

His heart was beating fast with the amount of adrenaline he gained from running, and his conscious felt bothered, knowing he wasn't supposed to be invading other people's private property, yet he did it anyways.

He did it all for Jin.