67 🐺

Jin's POV:

My car was running low on gasoline, but I had enough to make it to the hospital.

I could feel my body go numb as I locked the vehicle and made my way through the main entrance of the building.

After fighting for my way inside, because of the tremendous amount of people in the emergency room, I began looking every which way to see where Namjoon could be.

"There!" I spotted him, but once I opened up my mouth, the rush of news reporters and other curious patients ran ahead of me and completely blocked my path. All that I got to see were Namjoon's legs dangling from the hospital bed as the paramedics adjusted him.

"Step aside! Please, move!" I begged, pushed, and even shouted at the people, and by the time I made it to where I thought Namjoon was-

"Who are you?" I saw a completely different man with handcuffs in his hands and feet.

My heart broke for the poor guy, seeing how injured he was, but him being a prisoner scared me at the same time, so I just cautiously stared at him as he tilted his head up towards me.

He attempted to speak to me, but there was way too much blood inside of his mouth for him to even make up a single sentence.

The paramedics rushed him away from me. Everyone spread apart, but I stayed in the main center, seeing the double doors were opening again.

Not long after they took the first injured prisoner away, another one came out. This one had scratches, bruises, and a lot of skin dangling out of his bloodily, dismantled legs.

I screamed in fear, falling back as I realized who the man was.

Namjoon's uncle.

"Are you alright?" The people who were near me asked. I nodded, getting as far away as I could from that man. I thought I would never see him again in my life, yet here he was now, a few inches away from me.

I couldn't stay away for long because I noticed more than just two prisoners were coming
in and out of the same entrance. Knowing that any one of those men could be Namjoon kept me frozen in place, not wanting to leave just in case he appears out of nowhere.

Funny how the news reporter mentioned only two wounded prisoners and not TEN and counting.

What happened in jail?

What did they do to each other?

"Namjoon, where are you..." I began to lose patience, seeing so many unfamiliar faces around me.

The paramedics brought, yet another wounded prisoner, through the double-doors.

This man had long legs, light grey hair, and a lightly tan complexion, complimenting his smooth, yet broken skin.

I immediately knew right then and there who the man was.

"Namjoon!" The closer I got to him, the stronger the smell of blood became. I was already petrified by the prisoners who were all severely wounded before, but I never imagined Namjoon would be one of them.

Let alone, one of the most wounded, among the others that I've seen. When the people cleared the way and I was able to get a closer look at Namjoon's full body, my heart dropped immediately.

Half of his body, from his waist below, was drenched in blood.

There was a huge slash on his forehead, where they had already bandaged him up.

The worst sight I witnessed was his abdomen. What was once a medium sized opened wound, had now become a much bigger laceration with torn stitches from the side of his stomach, just ripped to pieces.

I didn't have a chance to say anything, the paramedics pushed me out of the way and all that I got to see was when Namjoon was being rushed into the operating room.

And there I stayed, shaking in a chair while waiting for Namjoon to come out of the surgery room.

There was nothing else that I could have done, sadly.

"Kim Namjoon. I'm looking for my son, Kim Namjoon." A few miles away from me, I heard a familiar voice.

When I turned around, I spotted Namjoon's parents talking to a lady who was providing them with the information that they wanted from him.

I walked up to them, greeting them with a blank facial expression.

"Surgery?? WHAT? Why?!" His mother went crazy again, hearing about Namjoon's surgery.

I'm pretty sure that she doesn't even know about Namjoon's abdominal injury. I feel so sorry for both her and Namjoon's father.

They sat down next to me, and not long after their arrival, my own parents showed up.

"Mom-" I was greeted with a rough slap to the face.

"YOU'RE NOT MY SON!"

~~~