31 🐺

Namjoon woke up from a nightmare he had involving Jin and the events of his birthday party. His room was dark, the only light shedding through was from the moon, creating creepy shadows on the walls from the tree branches from the outside of his window.

Namjoon sat up, taking the warm bedsheets off of him. The thoughts of Jin were circling around his head the more he thought about the fox.

"I have to make sure he's okay." He picked his phone up when his door slowly cracked open. The boy poked his head out of the hallway upstairs and overheard a conversation his parents were having.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Is he in the operating room right now?" Namjoon remembered the nightmare he just had was about Jin.

In his dream, he was pacing around the hallways of a long hospital. Namjoon had no idea what he was doing there, so he tried to find his way back home. No one was around in the hospital, it was completely empty and the lights were dim from the inside.

Namjoon sprinted down the parking lot, desperately trying to find his car. He didn't have his keys with him, but finding his car gave him hope in finding his car keys as well, which is the reason why the boy was running like crazy, searching through every car.

Surprisingly, the entire parking lot of the hospital was equipped with over forty cars or more. Cars of all names and styles, and some with Namjoon's same brand.

"Finally." He breathed out, placing his hand on the handle of his car once he found it. The car was open, worrying Namjoon.

"Why is it on? What am I doing here?" He drove out of the parking lot halfway, stopping his car when he spotted a silhouette of a tall guy.

The guy was walking with nothing but a hospital gown over his body, dragging his limbs all over the concrete floor of the wet and cold, dark parking lot.

"Seokjin?" Namjoon turned his car off, getting down from it to approach the familiar looking silhouette.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be home! Why are you here... Blood?" Namjoon noticed Jin's pants were covered in blood. He had an oxygen mask on and was having a hard time breathing.

He kept pointing at his throat, removing his mask. Namjoon suddenly reached into the back of his throat and pulled out a piece of a plastic tube.

"What... Is this?" Jin fell on the floor, stumbling into a deep sleep. Namjoon held his body, screaming out for help, unsure of what to do.

Then he suddenly woke up, panting heavily from his nightmare.

Now that he was hearing his mother talking on the phone, mentioning an operating room made Namjoon feel sick to his stomach.

Within the time he spent thinking about his dream, Namjoon was in shock when he saw his mom standing right in front of him, ordering him to get put his shoes back on.

"What happened?"

"It's Jin! He's hurt, he's in the hospital and they're doing a surgery on him-" Before his mother could say anything else, Namjoon had already flown down the stairs.

They all got in their car and drove to the hospital immediately.

The second Namjoon and his parents got to the building, the boy ran inside even though his parents told him to be patient and wait. They were unsure of what to expect when they first walked in through the double doors, but Namjoon wasn't willing to wait for anyone.

He needed to see Jin.

"Namjoon!" Jin's parents were the first ones Namjoon rush over to see, asking them how long Jin's been in surgery and exactly why he needed to have surgery.

Jin's mom couldn't hold back her tears, she cried while explaining what had happened to Jin and how it was mainly their fault he was injured.

"He was... He was sleeping. I didn't know! I didn't know he was hurt!" She could barely speak. Namjoon's mother went over to her, comforting her as Jin's father explained how the accident happened.

"Jin was startled by us when he woke up. He rolled over to his side and fell on the floor, then he ran away. We were so nervous and scared for him, we just didn't handle his situation right. He ended up reopening his wounds." Namjoon felt his heart break again, hearing this from Jin's parents.

Not long after they arrived, a man approached Jin's parents.

"Family members of Kim Seokjin?" They all stood up, Namjoon and his parents stayed sitting but listened closely.

They were expecting the doctor to say that Jin had "made it through surgery," and was in a recovery room. They were all expecting the doctor to just tell them the number of Jin's recovery room.

"Your son is in critical condition." Namjoon left his chair, running up to the doctor.

"WHAT!? No! Why!? How?"

"During the surgery, the breathing tube inside of him snapped in half in an involuntary movement he made in his sleep and got lodged inside of his trachea. We had to make a small incision inside of his throat to remove the piece of plastic." He continued.

"Because of the position the tube was in, his vocal cords..." The man paused, sighing.

"Is he okay?"

"What happened to his vocal cords? Tell us, please!" Jin's parents were on the edge of crying.

"Doctor, what happened to Jin's voice?" Namjoon stepped up, facing the doctor.

"They got damaged. Because of him being a hybrid, his vocal cords are more complicated than us humans...Meaning that Seokjin might never be able to speak again."