5 🐺

Jin unlocked his door right in front of Namjoon's face, surprising him.

"Wow, how did you know I was here?" He politely stepped inside of his house and stayed in the living room with him. Jin's parent's house was huge.

The interior was filled with lots of decorative items, such as artistic framed abstracts of different drawings, and white couches; two loveseats and one sectional.

Overall, the entire house was very warm and cozy. "How are you feeling?" Jin furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head.

"You said you had an upset stomach earlier." Memories flashed back to Jin's head, he immediately remembered what he had told Namjoon.

"Ohh, that's right. I feel okay now." Namjoon nodded his head at him.

The living room was Jin's least favorite place to be in, so he suggested that they go to his room. Namjoon accepted his invitation and followed the boy.

"I'll race you!" He playfully pushed Namjoon aside. Namjoon was confused for a minute, then his natural wolf instincts kicked in. He smirked, running after Jin around the house.

"Come over here, you!" Feeling challenged, Namjoon ran as fast as he could. He ran so fast that he ended up tripping over Jin's bed after outrunning the guy, falling on the floor.

Jin ran after him, concerned.

"Oh my goodness! Joonie, are you okay?" He started laughing, looking up at his neighbor.

"Did I win the race?" Jin laughed as well, slapping his arm.

"Wow, your room is big!" Namjoon looked around, and was immediately drawn to something within Jin's bedroom.

"Do you like foxes?" Jin nodded.

"Umm, yes. I like them a lot. And wolves! They're my favorite animals." Namjoon and him both tensed up for no reason.

The atmosphere grew thicker between the two, within their own tension. Jin broke the silence in between them by asking Namjoon a question in return.

"What's your favorite animal?" They moved to the bed, sitting down, cross legged.

"Foxes as well." Namjoon replied after a while of staring at Jin's plush toy fox.

"Really?!" Jin smiled, widely. And after that, the boys had something to talk about to pass their time: Foxes.

But not just foxes. They also spoke about their likes, dislikes, favorite colors, what their dreams were, and all the little things that gave them hints on how to know each other better.

Namjoon enjoyed Jin's presence more than any friend he's made. As a wolf and as a human, Namjoon felt drawn to this specific man.

He couldn't figure out why, but something about Jin made him special. At least special to Namjoon.

The time they spent talking to each other went by so quickly, that the boys didn't realize they had been talking for an entire hour. Namjoon estimated that the time he would see Jin would be for about five minutes, just to see how he was doing, but he didn't count on seeing him for an entire hour.

That was more than he bargained for, and it worried him that his parents would suspect he was gone. What the boys were both unaware of was the fact that Jin's parents were headed back home.

"Do you hear that?" Namjoon began sniffing around, and so did Jin.

"My parents are here." The sound of keys jiggling alarmed both of them. "Namjoon-" He frowned, feeling worried. Namjoon held onto Jin's shoulders to keep him calmed down.

"It's going to be okay. I'll head out this way." He opened a window, but Jin stopped him.

"You can't! It's too high up, you'll hurt yourself." This made Namjoon smile, showing little concern.

"I'll be fine, just trust me on this." Jin nodded, watching as Namjoon jumped down and landed perfectly on the ground without getting injured.

He was surprised. Namjoon waved at the boy, who waved back at him, smiling.

They both parted ways. Before he left, Namjoon's ears shivered. He overheard when Jin's parents entered his room.

"Kim Seokjin, why is the house all messed up! Did you take a cold shower like I told you to?"

He couldn't believe what Jin's mother was saying.

"A cold shower? Why would Jin have to take a cold shower?" Fearing the worst of being caught, Namjoon retreated back home. Luckily, he and Jin lived close to each other, giving him an advantage of making it home in under a few seconds.

He left his window open on purpose, since he closed the back door he headed out of before, Namjoon turned into a wolf and climbed up a tree that was right next to his window, entering his room.

Just as he made it back, his father entered his room, calling his name.

"Oh, there you are! Were you changing out of your clothes this whole time?" He collected his charger from the floor, playing it off casually.

"Yeah, I was." His father shrugged.

"Alright. Come down to eat lunch, your mother made something that you love." Namjoon
smiled as his father closed the door behind him. When he left, Namjoon exhaled deeply, catching his breath.

He was slightly hyperventilating from how fast he ran, the thought of how he escaped the house and returned made him laugh. But now there was something on his mind, and that was the conversation he overheard when he was leaving Jin's house.

"Aren't cold showers for... No. No, Namjoon. Maybe he just had a fever, that's all." Namjoon paused for a minute, taking in what he just said.

"A fever as in sick! Just shut up, Joonie. Shut up." Namjoon often speaks in third person himself, since he got used to his parents calling him Joonie, now he can't help but say his own nickname whenever he speaks to himself.

Jin: [I had a good time with you today, want to meet again some other time?] He picked his phone up.

Namjoon: [Yeah, I would like that very much.]

Jin: [Sounds good to me! Oh, by the way! Did you get home safely?]

Namjoon: [Yes, no worries. I'm alright... Even though I nearly got caught by my dad, I made it home just on time, haha.]

Jin: [Let's not hide next time 😂]

Namjoon: [Agreed 😂]

Namjoon's emojis weren't the only ones laughing. When he stopped talking to Jin, there was a smile left on Namjoon's face from ear to ear.

The boy exited the messaging application he was in and went to his page. He found Jin's page and stared at the only photo he had posted: The purple hoodie and grey haired profile picture he had.

Namjoon stared at it for a while.

"He's good looking."