46 🦊

When they took Namjoon home, the first two people to exit the house and come running to him were his parents. They were worried to death thinking something had happened to their son.

Namjoon wrapped his weakened arms around the pair and began to cry, all the while explaining everything that went down in the hospital.

Namjoon's parents knew already because Jin's mother let them know.

They held onto Namjoon while he cried in their arms.

"I'm so sorry, Namjoon. I'm so sorry!" The entire family was heartbroken. Jin's parents left them alone to attend to Jin who was still inside of their car.

He couldn't get down from the car because he couldn't walk or even make the slightest movement with his body.

They went home and put the fox in his bed.

Jin tried to sleep, but while his mind was telling him he was tired, his body kept on screaming on the inside "Don't sleep", fearing that he might wake up in the hospital again.

Eventually, though, his mind won him over and he slowly began to shut his eyes.

His bed felt so much more comfortable than the hospital bed they had him in.

The moment he fell asleep, he started tossing and turning, scrunching the bedsheets up with his fists.

He woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. The weather was cold, but his body temperature was boiling hot.

He wondered if Namjoon was okay and if he was sleeping well. At least, he hoped he was.

~~~

"Kangdae!" Namjoon bolted up in his bed, waking up from yet another nightmare with his dead cousin. It's the second one he's had in one night.

His body was shaking with fear, the trauma lingering in his head wasn't letting him sleep.

Each time he closed his eyes, all he could see were the terrifying and bloody images of when his cousin was shot.

The sound of the shot gun getting louder as he covered his ears.

He started to think what would have happened if he would have just killed his uncle or found a way to save Jin without being the cause of his cousin's death.

It might not have been his fault at all, yet Namjoon's consciousness wouldn't leave him alone and tormented him all night.

He got up and went downstairs. Not a single light was on in the house, except for the moonlight and limited light poles that were slightly illuminating the inside of the house.

Not that Namjoon needed to see the light, though. His eyes saw perfectly through the darkness, avoiding any objects and getting to the living took safety.

The large living felt cold. Now that the ventilation system had stopped producing heat for
a while, Namjoon had to wait for it to turn back on after about five or ten minutes go by.

But the moment he lay down, his body heated up instantly with the warmth of the suede couches.

The wolf turned his head up at the sky to stare at the stars. He supported his elbows on top of the couch, hunching over to get a closer look outside of the window.

"I won't be able to sleep tonight. I have too much on my mind." He thought.

"Kangdae was like a brother to me. I swore to always protect my family, to be a good person... Am I a bad person now? What if my family leaves me now? What if Jin stops liking
me?" His thoughts became deep.

"I failed." The deeper they got, "Namjoon..." the stranger they became to a point where Namjoon started to hear voices around him.

"You let me die." Namjoon's skin was trailed with goosebumps, sending shivers all over his body.

"Why didn't you save me?" The voice was too close to be unreal and too familiar to be ignored.

Namjoon knew exactly who the voice belonged to.

"Kangdae..."

~~~

Jin had been up for hours now.

Each time he would turn his head to see the time on his phone, another hour would go by
and his body was still sleepless.

He desired the sleep, but didn't receive it due to his deep thoughts. All he could think of was Namjoon.

He knew that the man would be asleep at this time of the night, but for some reason, Jin was still skeptical about it. Something tells him that Namjoon wasn't sleeping at all.

But seeing the time, it was far too late for Namjoon to be up at 3:00 AM.

Jin hated 3:00 AM. Bad things always happen to him whenever he's up at that hour.

Right now, the only thing that has happened to him at the moment was something that has never happened before.

"No, please. Please be okay. Namjoon is okay! He has to be!"

He was becoming paranoid. And the more he would think about the man, the more his paranoia increased.

Jin stayed in bed and grabbed his phone from the inside of his bedside drawer. He wasn't going to text Namjoon, he was just going to check the time again.

But to his surprise, "What's this?" he had received a text message.

🐺🔥Master🔥🐺: [Hey, I'm sorry to be texting you this late, but I can't sleep. I know you won't see this text now, so I might as well tell you what's on my mind and delete it before you wake up...]

If Jin clicks on the chatroom, Namjoon would see him online. But Jin wanted to know what the temporary message was about, so he went to his settings and set his status to ghost mode to remain hidden.

🐺🔥Master🔥🐺: [...Kim Namjoon is typing...]

Jin's jaw dropped when he opened the message from Namjoon.

"WHAT!?"