76 🦊

After a long trip, Jin and Jungkook finally arrived to a place Jin thought he would never visit again in his life.

"Jungkook, what are we doing here?" They stood in front of a motel.

The parking lot was the same one Jin and Namjoon made love in.

"I'm temporarily staying here while my house is remodeled. Would you mind sharing a room with me?" Jin shook his head.

"Not at all. It sounds good to me." They walked inside. Jin couldn't help but stare outside of the parking lot, feeling his heart race with the emotions inside of it.

The memories he lived with Namjoon in this place were unforgettable.

As they walked inside of the motel, Jin started to sniff around, taking in the aroma.

It smelled like fresh wood and scented candles. The typical scents of Autumn.

Autumn: Namjoon's favorite season.

Everything reminded Jin of the wolf. No matter how hard he tried to avoid thinking about him, for his own good and to not be sad, Jin couldn't keep his mind off of Namjoon.

His eyes wandered around the motel.

He felt lifeless. His feet were moving on their own, as he didn't have a single bit of energy
inside of him to even move on his own.

Jungkook helped him for the most part.

He helped him lie down on his single bed, insisting that he would be fine sleeping on the couch.

"Are you sure, Kookie? I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, invading your space and privacy this way." Jin bowed his head down, pointing at the couch.

"Hyung, I'm used to sleeping in couches. Dogs prefer to curl up in small places anyways, right?" Jungkook insisted, once more, jumping on the couch.

Seeing Jungkook in his Husky form also reminded Jin of Namjoon.

He looked so much like Namjoon. His soft fur, his ears, his sharp teeth.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook..." Jin rested his head on the husky's soft fur, pretending Jungkook was Namjoon in his wolf form.

He reminded Jin so much of Namjoon.

Jungkook stayed still, feeling tear drops wet his fur. He was worried, wondering why Jin was so sad.

Jin has always been a very happy Arctic Fox. He's never been this down before.

Feeling Jin's emotions connect so well with his own, Jungkook himself felt the sadness within Jin.

He became his comfort, just like Chanyeol did. Only Jungkook was much different.

Jungkook's presence to Jin was as if Namjoon had never left. As if the wolf was still there, in the flesh, lying down in his natural form,

He felt safe, once again.

For a while, Jin just caressed Jungkook's fur, not wanting to let go of the Husky.

His warmth, his softness, and even his scent was just like Namjoon's.

Jin was able to heal his broken heart temporarily, but he knew that the healing wouldn't last.

As he pulled away from the husky's warm body, Jin pushed his hair back, breathing heavily. His breathing slowly but surely became sobs, echoing throughout the entire small room.

Jin's heart had come apart again, shattering him to pieces.

"Jinnie, what's gotten you like this?"

"Love, Kookie. Love..." Jin responded the best he could, holding onto Jungkook once more
while frowning.

Jungkook didn't ask any questions, for now. He allowed Jin to rest.

Jin slowly lie down on the bed, feeling tired.

In that moment, Jin didn't think about what his parents must be going through, realizing that their son had left the hospital.

Neither did he worry about the huge scandal he left behind in the hospital, with all of the police officers and doctors.

He didn't want to know about another policeman ever again.

The only person that would comfort Jin at the moment was the only person he was no longer going to see.

The only man who he blindly gave his love to.

The only wolf Jin ever loved, was now dead.

Each agonizing time Jin told himself, "Namjoon is dead," worsened him to a point of which he couldn't sleep.

His nightmares weren't just in his sleep anymore. They were real. It didn't matter if Jin was awake or asleep, the nightmares weren't just about monsters living underneath his bed.

Or a little girl with the devil inside of her soul, haunting him.

Jin's real nightmares were about Namjoon dying.

He turned his head from side to side, seeing vivid images of how Namjoon's body was lying on the ground, completely lifeless.

His heart was no longer beating, the closer he went up to him.

No matter the amount of times Jin called out his name, shaking him endlessly, Namjoon wouldn't wake up.

He searched for a pulse, but there was none.

Jin came to the painful conclusion that his best friend.

His lover.

His soulmate, and the only man who understood him, Kim Namjoon, was now dead.

He was gone for good, and no amount of money could bring him back to life,

Not even the doctors who were desperately using their defibrillators, pumping Namjoon's chest with their own hands, trying to bring him back to life.

Namjoon wasn't waking up.

~~~

"Jin Hyung." Jin's eyes widened, realizing that he had been asleep the whole time.

"It's okay! Here, want some water?" He took the glass of water from Jungkook's hands, shaking. His trembling resulted in him dropping the glass, completely breaking down in tears.

"What's wrong! What were you dreaming?" Jin looked for an answer, but he couldn't find a proper one for Jungkook.

"NAMJOON! It was Namjoon!!" In the end, the boy gave up and started screaming out Namjoon's name.

"Who's Namjoon?!" Jungkook shouted back, confused and startled by Jin's reaction.

"Namjoon... Was mine, Jungkook."

Jin spent the rest of the night hugging his pillow, tightly, while crying into it.

~~~