50 🦊

"Namjoon, talk to me." Namjoon felt as if a knot was lodged inside if his throat, enabling him from speaking any further. His father grew desperate for answers and seeing this, the boy was forced to speak, hoping not to have made the wrong decision.

"Kangdae, dad. I heard Kangdae's voice last night." Rather he repeated Kangdae's name once or twice, it didn't matter. Namjoon's father still didn't believe the words that were coming out of his son's mouth.

"What did he say..." The cops gathered around Namjoon, now both his father and a swarm of people were waiting for Namjoon to answer.

"He said it was my fault, dad." Namjoon vividly remembered his cousin's voice.

"Joon..." He spoke over his father, ignoring the fact that he had called out his name once.

"He blames me for his death. I just wanted to die." The word "die" coming from Namjoon made his father's heart sink.

"Oh God. Namjoon-"

"Kangdae died because of me." Namjoon interrupted the adult yet again, ignoring his voice.

"That's not true," His father spoke louder this time for Namjoon to hear him.

"None of what you are saying makes any sense." But Namjoon pushed his words aside like
he did before, not wanting to listen to his father anymore.

"I'm guilty. I should have died! My uncle should have shot me instead." The way Namjoon
spoke was absurd to most of the people there, especially his father, who's patients was wearing thin.

He didn't mean to shout.

He never meant for it to turn out this way.

But in order for Namjoon to stop talking about his pain, increasing and worsening it by the minute within each word he spewed out like fire, his father said something that managed to completely silence him.

"Kangdae is dead! Get over it!!" Namjoon could feel the hotness of his tears burning and staining his face as he stood there in shock.

His own father couldn't believe what he just said. He himself felt pained for talking so rude and uncaring about his nephew's death, but it was for his son's own good.

Or so he thought, at the moment. What he didn't see coming was a punch to his chest as his son pushed him out of his way.

Namjoon ran back into the house, avoiding any policemen. Tears of anger continuously descended from his eyes while he struggled to see properly from the cloudiness his vision developed.

He angrily wiped his tears away, shoving a pair of socks into a backpack.

"How can he be so cold-hearted! Why would he even think of saying that about Kangdae? WHY!" Namjoon gathered the rest of his belongings inside of the backpack then he headed back outside, using the back door.

"Namjoon! Let me talk to you!" Before he left, he heard his father's voice coming from downstairs.

While Namjoon was leaving the house, his father was rushing into it, expecting to find his son in his room.

What he was met with was a catastrophic mess:

His closet was halfway empty.

Drawers unorganized.

Shoes missing from his shoe rack.

His personal things such as his perfume, toothbrush, jewelry, ect. Everything was gone.

"NAMJOON!" By the time his father realized Namjoon had left the house for good, it was too late to find him.

Namjoon strapped his heavy backpack onto his back and ran as fast as he could, passing by Jin's house without sparing a passing glance.

The less he thought about leaving Jin behind, the more he could focus on his real self.

And his real self needed freedom and time to heal from the amount of pain and stress he's had to endure with everything he's been through.

Fighting his uncle.

Being the cause of Kangdae's death.

And now leaving his parents and home behind to hide away from his emotions instead of facing himself.

The one thing Namjoon doesn't regret out of the three he's experienced is saving Jin from
his uncle.

"My uncle..." He was the real problem there. If it weren't for that old man, then none of this would have happened, Namjoon thought.

Namjoon had a lot of thoughts in this moment that he was running away. Most of them kept him with the energy he need to run, giving him a reason to never return.

While just one made him want to stop running and turn back to stay faced with the all of the problems in the world, not caring how bad they were.

And that one reason was Jin.

"Jin, you're the only person I'll miss the most. I don't know if I can go through with this." He was stuck in the middle of wanting to leave and wanting to return.

Namjoon knew that returning meant having to deal with the entire situation he himself left his parents in and while he felt that it was mainly his own problem, his father gave him more than one reason to leave.

His insensitive behavior towards a boy who's gone through so much Namjoon has made him realize that his father didn't care at all about his mental health.

Just when he needed a shoulder to cry on or a person who would listen and understand him, his own father ignores him then proceeds to worsen the situation.

Now that he was analyzing things the right way, there was no way Namjoon was going back to his parents.

He felt bad for leaving his mother, and part of him really wanted to go back to have a talk with his dad, but in the end, he decided to run away for good.

"Found it!" The wolf found his car a few blocks away from his parent's house. He had left it near Jin's house, but not as close. He got inside and his father drove up next to him.

"Get down from this car right now! We need to talk, son. Please listen to me!" Namjoon locked the doors of his car and ignited his engine, watching as his father banged on his windows.

"DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS! NAMJOON, GET DOWN." Namjoon felt a rush of adrenaline
reach his fingertips and he gripped onto the steering wheel then forced the bottom of his foot down onto the gas pedal.

His father got inside of his own car and drove after him.

Namjoon speedily made his way to a main rode, passing by his father even though the man was gaining up on him.

"Just leave! Don't make this harder for yourself, dad. I don't want you to suffer."

The first exit he saw lead to two places, Namjoon took the left lane and tricked his father into taking the right that would lead him to a route back home. When he lost track of the man, Namjoon hit the break and stayed in a single lane.

As the traffic slowed down, the boy only guessed where he was when he saw unknown routes.

In order to not get lost, Namjoon turned his phone on to use his GPS but the phone didn't light up like it usually does.

"My battery is too low." The traffic was still immobilized for now, so Namjoon took this chance to grab his backpack that was in the backseat of his car.

As he turned around in search of the USB cable, he saw a familiar looking car next to his.

The color, the branding, the logo, even the small dent it had on the side of it's fog light reminded Namjoon of a car he knew very well.

"Jin?!"