10 🦊

Jin didn't feel angry, and neither were his parents.

What he did feel was stupid for ruining his chances in ever being with Namjoon. His parents on the other hand, they felt disappointed.

"Seokjin, have I ever given you permission to leave this house on your own?" Jin shook his head.

"No. That's right. Now, if you would have been patient and waited for us to wake up, then
we would have taken you to Namjoon's house. But now you are banned from seeing that boy for a week. And I'm taking your phone away too." Just when he thought his day couldn't get any worse, Jin also lost his only hope in talking to Namjoon, his phone.

"But, mom! Please, don't take Jinnie's phone away! Jinnie won't do it again, I promise!" He
slumped down to the floor, making a tantrum. His mother didn't care how many times he
cried or whined, she wasn't risking her son getting kidnapped by walking alone in the street.

If Jin gets used to leaving the house often, he's going to do it every day and run the risk of getting caught by someone and possibly kidnapped.

Jin understood his mother and father's concern, but he didn't understand why they took his phone away from him, he thought that they didn't need to go to those extremes.

But he still needed to learn his lesson, and boy, was he paying for it. Now he wouldn't have Namjoon for a whole week.

A week of just seeing the wolf through his window whenever he occasionally leaves, since
now Namjoon was on vacation from his job, he wouldn't leave his house every day and only leave whenever it's necessary to go out.

~meanwhile~

"Mom, please!!" Namjoon asked for the third time, annoying his mother with his constant begging.

"Do you think that by telling the Kims a lie will actually get you to see your friend again, my boy?" Namjoon's dad yelled from the living room.

And he was right: Asking them to relieve Jin from his punishment sounded absurd, but Namjoon had to try.

"Mom!" His mother finally answered him after the forth time of him asking.

"Kim Namjoon, I already told you no! Now please go upstairs, go outside, or do anything, but leave me alone. There's nothing you can do about Jin's parents, I'm sorry." Namjoon felt angry for a moment, so he took his phone and stormed out of the house.

His parents let him be, knowing their son's anger would go away soon once he would collect some fresh air outside.

But that's not what Namjoon was going to do. He had something else in mind.

~~~

Jin woke up to the sound of something banging his window. The fox rose up from his bed to look out of his window. Namjoon was on the tree, waiting for him to respond and open the window.

His heart started racing with anticipation of seeing the wolf again, so he opened the window a little bit too fast, causing a loud noise to radiate out of it. Jin hoped his parents
didn't hear a thing, and were busy downstairs.

Seeing Namjoon again made Jin feel so happy, after thinking he was no longer going to see his sweet face, he jumped on the boy and squirmed in his arms, making Namjoon giggle as he peppered kisses all over his smooth fur.

Jin took his human form again, and Namjoon saw just how red his eyes had become.

"Were you crying, Jinnie?" Jin nodded, sniffling.

"Come here." Namjoon wrapped his arms around him, drying his tears. There were loud noises coming from downstairs, meaning Jin's parents were singing karaoke.

It made Namjoon kind of mad seeing how Jin's parents could easily forget about their son's feelings after banning the fox from seeing him and on top of it all, sing loudly, ignoring the fact that Jin was breaking down.

Luckily, Jin had Namjoon now.

"W-what made you come back?"

"You did. The thought of leaving you was eating me alive, Seokjin." He started to pet Jin's head, and rub his hand behind his ears, something Jin really enjoyed.

"Namjoon, but won't you get in trouble with your parents?" Namjoon hummed in response.

"No need to worry, my parents knew I was leaving the house... Just that they didn't know I was coming here." His blushing made Jin smile.

"Woah! Hahaha!!" He started laughing when Namjoon carried him onto the bed to cuddle
and play with him.

"I wish I could go outside." Jin frowned.

"Yeah... We need to do some outdoor activities like running or digging holes. This way our we could invest our energy in something fun!"

A physical activity like digging holes sounded so much fun to Jin, because foxes love to dig.

"Fall is almost over, maybe when it starts to snow in the Winter, we could play outside more often. I love playing in the snow." Namjoon's suggestion was immediately dismissed
by Jin.

"I can't. My parents don't let me go outside during the winter. They say that I can injure myself with the ice and get sick with the cold." Namjoon stepped in.

"That's a lie! How can the cold harm you when you're an arctic fox? Jinnie, don't believe everything that your parents tell you."

"I have to, Namjoon. They're my parents." He pouted.

"They might be your parents, but you aren't going to get sick with the cold water? How can you? Cold temperatures are perfect for foxes and wolves! There's no way you'll get sick... And, I know your mother makes you take cold showers, so wouldn't that get you sick?"

Everything that Namjoon was saying made sense. He wasn't dumb enough to believe what Jin's parents had told him, especially since his mother makes the fox take cold showers, from what he heard in the conversation between them last time.

There was no possible way that Jin was sensitive to the cold, or the ice. His parents were protecting Jin from something other than the Winter, Namjoon just wondered what that something could be.

"Namjoon, do you think my mom hates me?" Jin said, frowning.

"No, Jinnie. Your mom and dad both love you. But, do you know why they don't let you go
outside?"

A flashback of what Jin's mother said before suddenly popped up into Namjoon's head.

"Is this because of the people your mother was talking about before?" Jin nodded.

"Jinnie, what did they do to you?"

Jin mentally prepared himself to explain his back story.