Pneumonia

Harry's has this horrible cold for a couple weeks now, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. His cough mostly, it's gotten to the point that he's coughing up phlegm the more he coughs. Harry's cough has started to sound more chesty and when he coughs you can hear the phlegm loosening up in his chest the more he coughs as well. His asthma is even getting worse because of the phlegm that's loosening up, and he's had to use his inhaler more times than he can count. He also has a fever, that his parents have been keeping a close eye on.
Harry's parents are getting really worried because he hasn't improved AT ALL. They run into his room when he starts his chesty coughs again.

"Good job Harry cough it out"

Harry's mom encourages him, rubbing his back trying to help him loosen up the phlegm in his chest. She grabbed a tissue and wiped his mouth off when he was done coughing, throwing the phlegm covered tissue into the trash next to his bed. His dad uncapped his inhaler, shook it and put it into his mouth, pumping in the medicine when he saw that his son was taking rapid breathes still.

"There you go Harry take it easy, catch your breath ok?"

Harry looks up at his mom sadly, obviously feeling even worse than he had when he first woke up that morning. Anne wishes she could take this horrible cold away from her son. Him being so young and not understanding why he feels so bad. Poor Harry's has to miss school the last two weeks because of it.

"I'm making you a doctors appoint ok baby boy?"

"Wh why mommy?"

"To make this bad cold go away faster"

"O ok mommy"

"That's my boy, now get some more rest ok?"

Harry nodded and closed his eyes, clearly tired after that coughing fit. Anne stayed in the room with him, rubbing his back soothingly. She felt Harry relax, which means that he's starting to fall asleep.
As soon as Harry fell back asleep, Anne called his pediatrician to make an appointment for him. Luckily there was an appointment available at 1:00pm, it's currently 11:00am. Harry's step dad Robin, walked into bedroom shortly after Anne did.

"Did you make Harry an appointment with his pediatrician? I'm worried about him, he isn't getting better at all he's getting worse instead."

"Yes Robin I made him an appointment at 1:00pm"

"Oh good"

Robin sighed in relief at that news, happy that Harry's going to get the medicine he needs to get better faster. He has never seen Harry this sick before, and he doesn't like it at all.

.......

It is now 1:00pm, and they are sitting in the doctors office. Watching the doctor listening to Harry's lungs. She was making a face of concern as she listened, worrying Anne even more than she already was. Harry's doctor named Dr Micheals, looked at the worried parents.

"Ok his lungs definitely sound phlegmy, so I'm going to send him to get an X-ray if his chest and lungs to see if it's pneumonia or not ok?"

"Ok, thank you so much Doctor."

"You're very welcome Anne"

After that they took Harry to get an X-ray of his chest, then brought him back into the room with his parents. While Harry got some much needed cuddles with his mom, the doctor was looking at his X-rays. It was clear that he definitely had pneumonia.

"Alright he definitely has pneumonia, so I'm going to send you home with a medication for him to help get rid of the pneumonia. He's also going to need to use his inhaler to help him breathe better, so I'm going to have them give you another inhaler ok?"

"Ok thank you so much doctor"

"You're very welcome Anne"

When the doctor left the room she picked Harry up and walked to the pharmacy to pick up his prescription along with an extra inhaler. Anne and Robin felt bad for Harry, not thinking that he had caught pneumonia. She looked at Harry while Robin drove them back home.

"As soon as we get home you are getting extra cuddles ok baby boy?"

"Ok mommy"

.........

When they got home Anne put Harry to bed getting all the cuddles that he wanted until he felt better

I hope you enjoyed this sickfic! Leave your requests down below! Thank you for reading!