Chest Infection

Harry was at Niall's house playing video games on their day off. They were playing Fifa when Harry first started to cough, it was a small dry cough but it was still annoying. Niall gave him a water bottle to drink to help his cough, and they continued to play their video game. Harry kept coughing though so they decided to turn the Xbox off, and lay down to watch movies instead.
They have been watching movies for a couple of hours now, and that small dry cough is turning into deeper coughs. Every time he coughed he could see Niall cringe in the corner of his eye. Harry just kept drinking water to help his cough, but it wasn't working and his cough just kept getting worse. Niall looked over at him when he started coughing again.

"Harry you should go to doctor, I don't like the sound of your cough."

"I'm not going to the doctor Niall I'm fine I promise, it's just a little cough."

"I don't know Harry, it sounds bad to me."

"I'm find Niall I promise."

Niall dropped it after that, not wanting to fight with Harry about this. He'll just keep an eye on Harry all day. They continued to watch movies the rest of the day.

.............

It was now 3:00pm and Harry's cough is even worse than it was when he got to Niall's house that morning. As the day went on Harry's cough kept getting worse. What was a deep cough, turned into a deep chesty cough. It wasn't a small cough either, he's now having bad coughing fits that have him breathing heavily after each one. Niall is getting even more worried about Harry.
Harry ended up having to sit up on the couch because laying down made him cough more. His coughing fits are getting longer each time he has one as well, which is worrying Niall the more they happen.
Suddenly Harry went into another coughing fit, his face turning bright red from the force of the coughs and how long the coughing fit lasted. Niall patted his back to help him. Once the coughing fit subsided Niall looked at him worriedly.

"Please go to the hospital Harry? Your cough is getting worse and worse as the day goes on."

"No Niall I'm fine I don't need to go to the doctor."

"But Harry your cough is even worse than it was this morning."

"No Niall I'm fine I don't need to go to the doctor I promise."

"Ok fine but if it gets any worse I'm taking you to the doctor got it?"

"Ok but only if it continues to get worse."

Niall and Harry continued to watch movies, Harry ended up falling asleep for awhile. Even in his sleep he kept coughing. He was coughing so much that he woke up, grabbing his water bottle and drinking some more water. Harry's coughs now have a barking sound coming from his chest which is painful, but he doesn't tell Niall that.
Harry went back to watching the movie, Niall continuing to worry about how his cough sounds. It just continues to sound worse as the day goes on. It went from a dry cough, to a horrible chesty barky cough. He's made up his mind that if it continues to get worse that he'll take him to the hospital at 6:00pm. Harry's cough has three hours to either get better or to stop getting worse before he brings him to the hospital.

...........

Harry had fallen asleep again when he was awoken 3 hours later by the worst coughing fit he's had today. It was so bad that he had trouble catching his breath when it was over. Niall watched with wide eyes, patting his back. He looked at Harry stubbornly.

"Harry we are going to the doctor and that's final."

"No Niall I'm fine it's just a cough."

"Harry we are going your cough isn't getting any better if anything it's getting worse. So we are going to the hospital whether you want to or not got it?"

"Ok fine"

"Thank you, now come on let's get into my car."

They walked out to the car, Niall getting into the drivers seat and Harry in the passengers seat. Once they were buckled in, Niall started the car and drove to the hospital.

...........

Ten minutes later Niall parked at the hospital, getting out of the car and going to Harry's side and opening the door for him. Once Harry got out they both walked inside, checking him in and filling out the paperwork they need. They sat down in the waiting room when they were done filling out the paperwork, waiting for Harry's name to be called.
A couple minutes later Harry's name was called, and they followed the nurse into a room. The nurse took Harry's vitals and asked him questions which he answered. Then she left and they had to wait for the doctor. Harry went into another coughing fit, this one even worse than when they were at Niall's house. Luckily the doctor walked in at that moment.

"Hello Harry I'm Dr. Williams, what seems to be the problem?"

"I've had a bad cough all day today and it's just getting worse as the day goes on."

"Ok is it a deep chesty cough, barky cough or a dry cough?"

"It started out as a dry cough but it's turn into a deep chesty and barky cough."

"Alright I'll just listen to your lungs and heart and I'll figure out what's going on ok?"

"Ok doctor thank you"

"You're very welcome Harry"

Dr Williams listened to Harry's lungs, then his heart he was worried about the slight wheeze he could hear in his lungs Harry started to cough again while he was listening to his lungs. When he could hear what it sounded like he instantly knew what was wrong.

"Ok Harry you have a chest infection, I'm going to prescribe you antibiotics that you have to take for two weeks alright?"

"Alright thanks again doctor."

"You're welcome again Harry"

They left the doctors office with Harry's prescription in hand, and went back to Niall's house. He was glad he let Niall take him to the doctor. Who knows how much worse it could have gotten if he didn't.

"Thank you for making me go to the doctor even though I didn't want to Niall"

"You're welcome Harry, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't take you and you just continued to get worse."

"Me neither Niall I'm just glad that you made me go"

"That's what friends are for Harry"

As soon as they got back to Niall's house, he gave Harry his first dose of his medication. He made sure Harry took every dose on time so that he could get better. Harry was so glad he has such a great friend, he doesn't know what he would have done without him.
............

Harry's cough went away after two weeks which he was thankful for. He's never going to let his cough get that bad ever again.

Here's another request! I hope you all enjoy it! Comment your requests down below or message them to me and I'll write them! Thank you so much for reading!