Cold/Cough

Harry has had a cold for the past two weeks, it started out with a cough and sore throat. The sore throat went away after a couple of days, and he only had a cough and stuffy nose. He constantly had a runny nose, and was blowing his nose almost constantly. It was so bad that he had to carry a little pocket sized packet of tissues with him everywhere.
Now finally after suffering with this cold for a little over two weeks now, everything is gone but the cough. Harry tried everything to get this cough to go away, but nothing has worked much to his annoyance. He's tried many different kinds of teas, cough drops, cold and cough medicines, herbal remedies, but nothing has gotten rid of the cough. They got rid of it temporarily or helped lessen his coughing fits, but none of them have gotten rid of the cough fully. His bandmates have been really worried about him. Each coughing fit he has gets worse the longer this cough lingers.
Harry has even gagged after coughing fits becomes he would cough so hard for so long. His bandmates were at his side patting his back every time he has a coughing fit, which he is incredibly thankful for. Today he had another coughing fit, the third one that hour when Liam finally confronted him about it.

"Harry I think you should see a doctor, these coughing fits are getting really bad."

"No Liam I'm fine this cough will go away soon, I don't need to go to the doctor I promise."

Liam sighed in disapproval, but it's Harry's choice and he can't make him go to the doctor if he doesn't want to. They just had to keep an eye on him until then. He told his other bandmates what happened, and they were all really worried now. He told them to keep an eye on Harry for incase his coughing fits continue to get worse.

...............

A week later they were all playing video games, they were getting really getting into the game when Harry went into another coughing fit. Louis paused the game and started patting his back, while Niall went to get a glass of water for Harry to drink when his coughing fit was over. It finally stopped and Niall handed him the glass, watching Harry drink a few gulps of the cool water.

"I'm fine now, thank you for the water Niall."

"You're welcome H, but I really think you should go to the doctor. That cough hasn't gone away and it's been a week since your cold went away."

"No Niall I'm fine, I don't need to see a doctor the cough will go away eventually we just need to give it time."

"I don't think it will Harry, we've already tried everything that gets rid of coughs but none of it has worked."

Louis said next, looking at Harry worriedly. Harry really appreciates how much they care about it, but he thinks he's fine and nothing can change how he feels.

"Louis I'm fine, I'm not going to the doctor and that's final. Now let's get back to playing the game."

Louis sighed and unpaused the game reluctantly, and they were back to playing the game. They all knew Harry was stubborn, and he won't change his mind until he knows he has no other choice than to go to the doctor. A few minutes later, Harry had another coughing fit. He grabbed his glass of water and drank a few more big gulps once the coughing stopped. They were all looking at him this time, but before they even said anything Harry said this.

"I know what you are thinking guys but I'm fine I swear, I don't need to go to the doctor."

So they dropped their stare and continued to play their game. But they were still worried about Harry, even if he isn't worried himself.

...............

Another two weeks passed and Harry's cough STILL hasn't gone away. But he still refuses to go to the doctor. They knew a really bad coughing fit would be the only way he would go to the doctor. So they just continued to pat his back and give him water each time he has a coughing fit. They went about their day normally hoping that soon he would agree to go to the doctor.
Harry was currently sat in the living room with his bandmates, writing songs together when he has the biggest coughing fit yet. He was coughing hard for a long time, but suddenly he started choking while coughing. Louis jumped into action quickly, and started smacking Harry's back trying to get his choking to stop. Finally he stopped coughing and choking, much to everyone's relief.

"Harry PLEASE go to the doctor, your cough has gotten worse and it's gone on for far to long."

"Fine I'll go"

Harry said in defeat, he knew he had to go now. He has never choked when in a coughing fit before, and even he is worried now. So he called his doctor and made an appointment for that day. Luckily his doctor had an open spot in an hour, so twenty minutes later they got in the car and drove him to the doctor.
When they parked in the parking lot, Harry signed himself in and sat down next to Liam as they waited for his name to be called. Luckily they only had to wait a few minutes before they heard them call his name. They all followed the nurse into a room, she quickly checked his vitals and left the room. Another few minutes later the doctor walked in.

"Alright Harry what seems to be the problem."

"Well I had a cold about two weeks ago and it lasted for a little over two weeks, but the cough still remains and the cold went away three weeks ago now. The cough has gotten worse too, I keep having coughing fits but during the last coughing fit I was choking."

"Hm that it very concerning, do you cough up any phlegm during your coughing fits?"

"No I don't cough anything up."

"Alright I'm going to listen to your lungs quick and I'll tell you the diagnosis."

Harry breathed in and out when he was told to while the doctor listened to his lungs. A couple minutes later he was finally told his diagnosis.

"Alright you have irritated airways, this is really common after a cold or the flu. It can last for weeks. You also have asthma, so I'm going to prescribe you an inhaler and it'll definitely help alright?"

"Alright thank you so much doctor."

"You're welcome Harry, feel better soon."

When Harry's appointment was over, they walked over to the pharmacy and picked up Harry's inhaler. They went home and Harry sat down on the couch, suddenly he had another coughing fit. He took out his inhaler and shook it, putting it to his lips and squeezes the medicine into his lungs. He breathed in and held his breath for ten seconds, then breathing out. He was so happy that his coughing fit ended quickly after using his inhaler.

.............

Another two weeks later and Harry's cough finally went away, much to his and his bandmates relief. He never wanted to have a cough linger like that ever again. He'll make sure he uses his inhaler evert time he gets a cold so that it doesn't happen again.

Here's another request I hope you all like it! I hope you are all staying home during this difficult time. Please comment your requests down below or message them to me and I'll write them! Thank you so much for reading!