Confused Souls

Abhi after a lot of thoughts called Reena.

Abhi, "Reena... I need to speak to you. Will you be free to come over to my house tomorrow morning?"

Reena, "Even I have to talk to you sir. What time will that be?"

Abhi, "Around 7 am. I want to talk to you before elders wake up. They usually wake up at 8 am. So...."

Reena, "Fine sir. I will be there at 7 am."

Abhi, "Alright then. Bye!"

He said and quickly ends the call not wanting to be awkward further in talking to Reena.

The next day,

At 7 am, Reena entered his house and he was already waiting for her at the living room.

Abhi, "Let's talk outside of the house. It is very unsafe here. They can be awake at anytime."

He said and Reena was fine with talking to him outside of the house.

They were at the garden area and Abhi didn't want to waste anytime and he said, "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done like that. I know how much of confusion and complications that my lie will and will be causing to you. So I am very very sorry."

Reena, "Sir.... I wasn't expecting you to tell like that. I mean... I still don't know how to react to what you have told."

Abhi, "I can understand.... It is so sudden and... I also... Anyways, I am sorry again."

Reena, "It's okay sir. You don't have to apologise to me again and again."

Abhi, "I will do something to make you out of the mess I had created. That's a promise!"

Reena smiles in response and both heard some sounds.

Abhi, "Let me check what's the sound. It's coming from the bushes there."

Reena, "No need sir. I noticed a cat there. It should be the one making sounds."

Abhi, "Oh..."

Both were silent for a while before Reena said, " Sir.... You still haven't tell me what caused you to lie that you love me!"

Abhi," That's not necessary for you to know."

Reena," But sir...."

Abhi, "I agree I have caused unwanted troubles to you because of my lie. I am sorry for that. Other than that I am not able to answer you anything."

Reena, "Alright sir...."

Abhi, "And.... You can still work here."

Reena, "Thanks.... But I don't think it will be appropriate to do so."

Abhi, "Don't worry about the elders. I can make them understand."