His Fear

After the day that Abhi told it was his grave mistake to hug and kiss her, Pragya had avoided him completely.

It was not very obvious to others as there was also a birthday party coming up which made others thought she was busy in preparations for it.

Abhi had also went out of the house in the afternoon.

Hours passed and Pragya was engrossed in her work and spending time with Bulbul and elders which made her temporarily forget about Abhi's words.

That night, Abhi didn't returned to house and she also didn't call him to check where he was.

The following day, everyone asked Pragya why Abhi hadn't return to house.

She replied that he is busy at work although she doesn't know whether he was busy at work or trying to avoid her now.

She didn't bother to call him as she knows it will be difficult for her to talk to him now.

She was scared of breaking down by talking to him.

Later that day, Pragya was in her room reading a book when Sarla ma came.

Sarla ma, "He still didn't call you?"

Pragya, "Who are you referring to?"

Sarla ma, "Abhi! Then who else?"

Pragya, "Oh... I think he is still busy at work."

She then continues to read her book which was shocking to Sarla ma.

Sarla ma, "Where did he went? Do you know about that?"

Pragya, "No Ma..."

Sarla ma, "Ok at least did you text him?"

" I didn't Ma and I don't care. Don't ask me about him Ma." She replies feeling frustrated.

Sarla ma, "How can you say like that Pragya? It's your husband who is missing!"

Pragya, "Ma please.... He is not a baby to go missing or he is not like the time Bulbul was when she went missing."

Sarla ma, "But still why are you not at all worried as he is missing for a day now?"

Pragya, "He is a grown up man and a business man too. He would be held up in some work and definitely will be busy somewhere. So don't worry about him."

Sarla ma, "I know Pragya but there is no call or text from him to you or anyone at house. Don't you think it is fishy?"

Pragya, "Ma, I will call him again. Okay?"

Sarla ma, "Pragya, is everything okay with Abhi and you? You sound not interested to know about his whereabouts or wellbeing."

Pragya, "It's not like that.... I just..."

Sarla ma asks her to tell the truth and she was about to tell everything that has happened between Abhi and her when they hear a car arriving sound outside the house.