Her Thoughts

At the study room,

"Sir... You called me here..." Reena said still standing outside the room.

Abhi, "Yes Reena, please come in."

He replied and asked her to close the door as well.

Reena hesitantly closed the door and looks back at him.

Abhi, "Don't worry, they will not think anything wrong. They know about me."

Reena,"I never think like that sir."

Abhi, "I am just telling you Reena. It's safer to inform you."

Reena, "Okay sir and do you want to tell me something important?"

Abhi, "This is what I like about you Reena. You are always smart enough to know what I am about to say."

Reena smiles in response and Abhi tells, "I am not sure how you will take this after the mess I had created in front of media. So...."

He paused and Reena looks perplexed on what he was going to tell now.

Abhi, "It's... Actually....Ok I will come straight to the point, I was wondering whether you can stay here. I mean for work."

Reena, "Stay here?"

Abhi,"Well, you see Reena.... I can't ask this to Hema as she have kids to take care of. Usually, she will make sure everything is fine before she leaves house. But still, if someone stays in the night as well then it will be better.... And especially someone who takes care of the elders."

He emphasised what he said and Reena took a moment before replying him.

Reena," Sir, you don't have to hesitate so much to tell me to stay here...I am ok with it."

Abhi," I am sorry Reena. I feel like I am demanding more from you."

He said and looks worried.

Reena," Nothing like that sir. It's not at all inconvenient from me. After all, this is also part of my work here."

Abhi smiles and then goes near to the bookshelf to take something before asking Reena to wait for a while.

Reena then sees him taking a box from the shelf. It was a small box that looked like a present.

Abhi comes near Reena and passed the box to her.

Reena," Sir what is this?"

Abhi, "A small gift!"

Reena in a surprised tone, "Gift? But for what sir?"

He turns away and says, "For helping me more than you have to."

Reena looks confused hearing him.

Abhi then turns back and said, "Take it as something to motivate you to work here more."