Grave Mistake

From the day, he had gifted his house to her, she receives more gifts and all of it in front of elders or her family when they are around, which makes it difficult for her to reject his gifts.

"Does he even know what he is doing? He is giving me all expensive gifts and tells that he likes to give it to his wife in front of everyone. What's all this? Is he giving it to irritate me? When I ask why is he giving me gifts, he says he felt like giving me as I like everyone here especially elders whom he respect a lot." she thought as she was in her room.

Nowadays, she prefer to stay in her room to get some peace of mind.

Just then Abhi came and said,"Pragya come down. I want to give you something."

Pragya, "Again!!!!"

Abhi, "What again?"

Pragya took a deep breath and decides to end this now.

Abhi looks at her cluelessly.

Pragya, "Look, I don't appreciate you giving me gifts."

Abhi, "Oh..."

Pragya, "It's getting too much now. So please stop giving me gifts."

Abhi,"You don't like the gifts?"

"It's not like that. But I don't need them." she said.

Abhi, "Oh then I give you what you need. I will ask Aunty or Bulbul for help."

Pragya looks back in disbelief at his words.

Pragya, "I don't need gifts from you. That's it."

Abhi,"But... It's..."

Pragya, "You see your purpose of giving me gifts is not right. Yes I love the elders here and for that gifts is making me feel weird."

He was about to tell something when she said, "I didn't expect this from you! I didn't expect you will give me gifts for respecting elders!"

Abhi, "Even I didn't but I did it as you like them. That's something good and I felt it's okay to give you gifts for that. What's wrong in that?"

"I do like them but there is a limit for everything. Why are you continuously doing something to make me feel as if it's something special or rare to like them?" she asked.

Abhi, "It is special and rare these days to like them."

"Let it be. But for me it's not something special or rare. So please don't do anything further that makes me feel awkward." she said firmly.

Abhi, "I will try not to..."

"Just stop it! If you continue means then I don't know what I will do!" she told in a high pitched tone that made Abhi taken aback.

Abhi, "Chill! I only did it as I thought it will make you happy but if it is making you feel this way.... I better not do it."