Chapter 12

Jamie

Oh my god.

Did Joel know?

Did he know the real reason Patrick lied about getting the concert tickets for Steph? He wanted to get the tickets for me in the first place, not for his little sister.

"What the hell is he talking to Joel about?" Jay says casually.

"Patrick! He's trying to spend some quality time with his girlfriend! Leave him alone already!" Erin calls out towards the hallway. She and Jay both laugh.

What are Joel and Patrick talking about? Are they just catching up on the events of the past few days? Or is Patrick telling him everything... About me?

My mind goes into overdrive. If Joel has known about Patrick's secret feelings for me over the past few years... Would Patrick confide in him now? Those two are best friends. But Erin and Jay are my best friends, and I'm not about to tell them anything. I can feel my 'Patrick bubble' starting to stretch a little thin. I know it's gonna burst real soon.

"Well, I haven't touched a guitar in days, I'm getting restless." Jay announces. "You coming downstairs, Jame?"

"Oh, don't worry about me, I'll just hang around here by myself shall I?" Erin says to him with a smile.

"Come on, you know what I mean." He pulls her into his arms and kisses her on the forehead.

"Jamie and I will always have music. But me and you..."

"Don't finish that sentence!" I yell. They break apart and laugh. "We've already been over this, I am beyond thrilled that you guys are finally together, but I don't wanna hear any of your pillow talk around here, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." Jay says, as he takes Erin's hand and heads for the garage stairs.

I'm about to follow them, when my stomach reminds me that I am starving. A quick bowl of cereal would not go amiss right now. I grab a bowl and the cereal box from the cupboard, just as Patrick re-enters the kitchen.

"Cornflakes? How predictable." I turn around to face him and he's smirking at me.

"What were you and Joel talking about?" I ask as I grab the milk out of the fridge.

"Oh, this and that. Nothing important."

He's standing right next to me now. As I pour my cereal and milk into the bowl, I can feel his hands come to rest lightly on my hips, making me jump. I almost spill the milk all over the kitchen counter, and he laughs at me.

"Will you cut it out!?" I snap, as I turn around to face him. He's still smirking at me. Clearly he's enjoying having me on edge.

"Jay and Erin are downstairs." I say quietly, as he lays his hands down on the kitchen counter at either side of me, pinning me against the worktop.

"So?" He whispers against my ear. "You're just so special..."

His lips are so close to me, I can feel the cool metal of his lip ring brushing against my earlobe. I close my eyes, just as I hear the sound of Jay's guitar. I jump again, startled. And Patrick laughs at me and backs away to lean back against the kitchen table.

"You're not funny." I say, turning back around to grab my bowl and a spoon. "What if they'd come back up the stairs just now?"

He shrugs at me and doesn't say anything. He studies me while I start eating my cereal. He looks so amused. What the fuck, Patrick? This isn't funny at all.

"It's not funny!" I snap, between mouthfuls of Cornflakes.

"It's so cute how you eat cereal all the time." He comments, smiling at me.