Chapter 38 (Patrick)

Patrick

"What time is it?" She asks, sitting up suddenly and shaking her bed head hair out.

"Um," I reach over to the bedside table and check the time on my phone. Jesus, we've been at this for a while. "Its almost 1am."

"You're kidding!?" She sounds panicked, and almost instantly she's off the bed and busy getting dressed.

I sit up like an idiot and watch her as she goes around the room picking up her clothes and putting them back on. "I need to get home for Benji. Poor guy, I've been out all night."

I relax, realising she's in such a rush to get the fuck out of here because she wants to get home to Benji. Not because she wants to run away from me, or because she's late for a date with Noah or some shit.

"He'll be fine, he's used to you not treating him too nice." I say, narrowing my eyes at her and smiling innocently. She rolls her eyes and chooses to ignore my cheeky comment.

I get off the bed and grab a pair of old sweats from the closet. They fit me, just, which reminds me that we're in my mom's house. Shit. How loud were we just now? Jamie shouted my name quite a lot... She practically screamed it at one point. Oh, shit. I hope and pray that no one else in the house heard her, and I thank God that Dave is out of town on business. When I used to take girls home here, I would constantly remind them to be quiet or put music on in an attempt to drown out the noise. But my mom and Dave knew what I was doing. And to be honest, I never really worried about it too much since my room is in the basement.

Well, it's done now. I can only hope my family didn't hear anything, being two floors above us.

"Are you staying here tonight?" Jamie asks me, picking up her coat and shoving her phone into her pocket. She's ready to leave and I'm wearing nothing but sweats.

"No, I told Joel I'd be home." I tell her. "I don't wanna worry him."

"He won't worry about you spending the night at your mom's house, you idiot." She raises an eyebrow at me. I'm so glad she's acting normal with me. So far, so good.

"True, but I'm gonna go." I pick my shirt up off the floor and pull it back over my head. I cross the room to get an old beanie out of the cupboard, and when I turn around Jamie is remaking the bed.

"Uh, what the hell are you doing?" I ask her, folding my arms and watching her with interest.

"The sheets were a mess, I'm just straightening up in case your mom comes in here." She tells me, sounding a little embarrassed. She's probably thinking my mom heard her shouting and telling me to fuck her harder, so maybe my mom will wanna wash the sheets. Yeah... Good point.

"Right." I say with a small laugh as I pull the beanie over my hair. I know my hair's a fucking mess right now, which is nothing unusual. I like keeping it out of my face and beanies accomplish that.

"Ready? I'll take you home?" I offer, although I already know what she's gonna say. Her car's out front and so is mine. I don't wanna be away from her yet though.

"I drove over here...so I'll drive home" Is it just me or does she sound a little unsure? Maybe she doesn't want to leave me yet either. I'm not pushing it though.

"Okay, let's go then." I smile at her and open the door.

We walk upstairs to the kitchen in silence, and I'm glad to see the house is in darkness. Thank god no one's up and about.

When we get outside, I lock the front door behind us and unlock my car. Jamie's standing facing her car, fumbling with her keys. And all of a sudden I feel incredibly fucking awkward. We can't just go our separate ways without so much as a hug after what we've just done. I should say something, but what?