Chapter 23

Jamie

I turn around to face Shaun, he's leaning his side against the railing, arms folded across his chest, and he looks surprised, yet smug.

"So this is why you didn't wanna hook up again, Superstar?" He asks with an unfriendly grin.

"What?" I snap at him. He is not my favourite person right now, he needs to watch himself.

"You two." He lazily gestures at us, and I realise what he means. "I never would have guessed. How long has this been going on?"

He raises an eyebrow in amusement. Patrick was right all along, he is a dick.

"Fuck off, Shaun. You've pissed me off enough already for one night." I say dismissively, before turning my back on Shaun to face Patrick again.

Patrick is still glaring at Shaun. He looks furious, and I decide I really need to get him out of here. He is far too emotional for this.

"Does Noah know about this?" I hear Shaun say, that asshole.

"I told you to fuck off already." I fire back, turning my head to face Shaun again.

"Yeah, and this is my dad's house." Shaun notes, casually pushing off of the railing and walking over to us. "I can go wherever I want."

"Fine, we'll leave." I spit back at him, before turning my head back around to face Patrick.

But as I turn my attention on to Patrick, he walks forward, past me towards Shaun. Fuck. I turn back around to face the two of them. They're standing directly in front of each other, eyes locked. I do not like this one bit, so I rush over to them to monitor the situation. Patrick's already broken part of the railing in the past 10 minutes, I'm worried about what else Shaun might provoke him into doing.

"What's wrong, Moore?" Shaun asks him, clearly amused at Patrick's anger. "Did you finally make your way through every girl at NBU, and Hawkins is the only one left?"

"Don't talk about her like that." Patrick replies, his voice sounds too low, too dangerous. I really don't like this.

"Guys, this is stupid. Come on, P, let's just leave." I plead with him and try to pull him away, but he doesn't budge and they both ignore me and continue staring each other down.

"I saw her wrapping her arms around you just now." Shaun states, smiling cruelly at Patrick. "You didn't look too happy about it. Is there something wrong with you?"

I hear Patrick's knuckles crack as he clenches his fists. Shit. But Shaun continues provoking him.

"Speaking from experience, I love the way her hands feel on my body." Shaun smirks at Patrick, and I glare at Shaun. What the fuck does he think he's doing? "I don't know why you wouldn't be happy with her hugging her arms around you, Moore. It's even better when she wraps her legs around you, trust me..."

You know what? Fuck this. Before Patrick has a chance to say or do anything, I take matters into my own hands. Someone needs to wipe the smug smile off of Shaun's face, and I wanna be the one to do it. I stomp up to him, raise my right hand (completely on reflex to what he just said about me) and slap him across the cheek. Hard.

My hand stings, but I don't care. He deserved that. I really wanna wince and cradle my sore hand right now, but I can't show any signs of weakness, so I stay perfectly still and continue glaring up at Shaun. He blinks down at me, shocked, and touches his fingers to the cheek I just slapped. It's a little red. Good, I hope it hurts.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I yell at him. "I'm standing right here and you're gonna talk about me like that to one of my best friends?! You really are an utter prick, Shaun! I regret ever fucking touching you now!" I'm livid, and I want to slap him again. If I knew how to throw a punch, I'd punch him.