Chapter 67 (Patrick)

Patrick

Noah shakes his head and sniggers at me. “Wow, nothing like getting straight to the point.”

His reaction alone confirms my suspicions, he definitely already knew.

“When did Sarah tell you?” I ask him coldly.

“Sarah knows?” He genuinely sounds startled by this. Which makes me think…

“Wait, Sarah didn’t tell you?”

“No, Jamie did… Does Sarah know about it too? She hasn’t said anything?” He looks so confused, I know he’s telling the truth.

But hold the fucking bus, Jamie fucking told him?! This throws me off.

“Okay, no, Sarah doesn’t know. I got it completely wrong. I just knew you knew, after the way you were acting around me last night. Fuck. Jamie told you? When?”

He blinks at me a few times, realising what’s going on here. That fucking asshole, he looks so smug now, knowing that Jamie hasn’t told me that she told him.

“That’s between Jamie and me, I guess.” He says calmly, never breaking eye contact with me.  

“Okay.” I look away from him. I don’t like looking at him at the best of times, but right now. I really wanna punch him. I wanna punch him so bad. But I won’t. “You don’t need to sound so superior about it, I know what you were doing in New York over the holidays.”

This takes him down a peg. He blinks and looks away from me. Yeah, you dick. You’re no angel yourself.

“What do you want, Patrick?” He asks me quietly. I made him feel bad. Good.

“I wanna know what’s really going on between you and Jamie.” Are the words that come out of my mouth. That’s not why I’m here. I’m here to confront him about all this shit and to find out if he’s told anyone else. Whatever’s going on between him and Jamie is none of my concern.

“What do you mean? Hasn’t she told you?” He asks me, bemused.

“No.” I reply coldly. Then after a pause, I add, “We aren’t exactly on great terms right now.”

“Yeah, she did say that.” He says, more to himself than to me. Oh, really?

“What exactly has she told you about me?” I ask him, my voice getting lower as my annoyance builds.

He studies me for a minute before speaking. “It’s not my place to say. You should talk to her about this, not me. She’s your best friend, after all.”

Something about the way he said that last part isn’t sitting well with me. If he keeps this up, he is gonna find out how it feels to have my fist connect with his jaw. I need to calm down, so I take a deep breath and compose myself before I speak to him again.

“Noah, you and I have never had a problem. I’ve always been cool with you. So help me out here. Why was Jamie over here the other night? Are the two of you still….?” I gesture at his bed, I can’t say the actual words.

He raises an eyebrow at me, clearly interested in what I’m asking him. “So what if we are?”

It doesn’t bare thinking about. That’s what. I shake my head and look down at the floor. I can’t answer him, so I keep quiet. I can’t think of her with him that way anymore. I can’t think of her with anyone other than me that way now.

“You actually do like her, don’t you?” He asks me in disbelief.

I look up at him. That motherfucker. It’s none of his business. So again, I don’t answer, I just glare at him.