Chapter 18

Jamie

When my eyelids flutter open, I know it's early. The sunlight filtering in through my bedroom window is golden, and Benji is still snoring at the foot of my bed. Patrick is still fast asleep too, and he's pretty much all I can focus on.

Our faces are barely inches apart, and I wonder how long we've been laying like this in our sleep. It would be so easy for me to lean forward ever so slightly and kiss him. And I want to. He looks so cute laying there with his eyes closed, hugging my pillow with one arm. This is the second time he's spent the night in my bed, and the second time I've seen him hugging my pillow like that. I wonder if he does this every night while he sleeps. I don't know, but it's super cute. I need to move now, or I'm gonna end up tracing my fingertips over his dimples, and kissing his lips, and running my hands through his hair. So yeah, I need to move.

I consider waking him, but he just looks so damn cute, I wanna leave him to sleep. He's had a weird couple of days (haven't we both?) so he deserves to rest. And I have an idea.

I grab some clothes and leave my room quietly, closely followed by Benji. After throwing on the clothes and brushing my teeth, I head downstairs with Benji, grab his leash and my purse from the kitchen, and head out the front door with him.

It's still cold (I was sure to put my scarf on; the hickeys are still very much visible) but it's a nice sunny morning. Just before 9am according to my phone (still no new messages from Noah, weird, but I'm glad) and I'm heading over to Symposium to get some real coffee for me and Patrick. Maybe some bagels or muffins or something too. I know he has no problem drinking my shitty instant coffee, but I also know that he'll appreciate the gesture.

After I pick up our coffees and a couple of bagels, I start making my way back to my house with Benji close at my heel. I cannot wipe the smile off of my face. I feel like I'm back in my Patrick bubble, and I'm not questioning that right now, I'm just gonna go with it. This is gonna be our last day in the bubble (Noah gets back tomorrow) so I need to make the most of it. But, as I cross the street over to the grass across from Symposium, a familiar voice causes me to turn my head back around.

Benji bounds over to Erin and Jay, excited to see them. I myself am not so excited. Fuck.

"Two coffees?" Erin asks me with a grin as Jay fusses over Benji. "He spent the night then, I assume?"

Wait. What!? How the fuck does she know that Patrick spent the night with me!?

"Noah's still in New York, Joel told me last night." Jay says to Erin, and she frowns at him. Ah, she assumed the other coffee was for Noah. Phew.

"Well thanks for telling me!" Erin scolds her boyfriend. "So, who's the other coffee for, Jame?"

Shit, think fast. Make something up!

"Uh, Patrick." 

Awesome.

"He crashed at your place last night?" Jay asks casually. Yes, casually, because Patrick 'crashing' at my place is completely normal. I nod my confirmation of this.

"Cool, we'll swing by after we get some coffee too." Jay remarks.

"Did you walk?" I ask, trying not to sound panicked.

"No." Jay frowns at me, and I notice his jeep parked just down the street from where he and Erin are standing. Fuck!

"Okay, see you guys soon!" I need to run the fuck home and warn Patrick! What if he's still asleep in my bed when Erin and Jay get there!? Shit!

I start speed walking over the grass, ignoring the confused expressions on Erin and Jay's faces. I need to get home, now!

I pretty much run the entire way, and I manage to spill some coffee all over my scarf. Awesome. By the time I'm approaching my house, I'm breathless. Christ, I need to work on my fitness. Noah loves running, maybe he could help me out. What the fuck? Why am I even thinking that!? Now is not the time! Besides, I get enough exercise from pushing my fucking luck around in situations like these!