Chapter 57 (Patrick)

Patrick

"Jamie, stop!"

I don't think I've ever seen her walk so fast, she's fucking storming along the pathway, but I'm keeping up with her, trying to ignore the rain battering down onto my face relentlessly.

"Jamie, would you please just stop!?"

She's ignoring me, because she's determined to get away from me. She's not thinking clearly. All she's thinking about is how much she wants to get away from me right now, and I know why. But I don't care. After what we just did, we are not leaving each other this way. We need to sort out our shit, or we're never gonna be able to fucking move on.

But I feel like I don't want to move on anymore. And if this is how she really feels about me, that is a problem. The past half hour has pretty much convinced me that all I am to her is a decent lay. If decent is even the right word. Sex with her is unbelievable, every time. I know that's not a one sided opinion. So I know why she can't keep her hands off of me. As much as she obviously wants to, it's too hard. There's an undeniable magnetism between us now, ever since the first time we kissed. I know she feels it too. It's why she keeps coming back.

But that needs to stop. Tonight has been a major set back for me. I've ruined any progress I may have made over the past couple of weeks (although I'm pretty sure I hadn't made any progress at all, but still) and that wouldn't have happened if she hadn't kissed me first. Im pissed at her. But I want her to be honest with me, I want her to admit that she came looking for me tonight with the intention of getting laid. She's wearing a thong, for Christ sake. She knows I wouldn't have been able to resist her as soon as I discovered that... And I know she hates wearing thongs, she only wears them when she's planning on getting lucky. I feel so flattered. Not. I feel a bit used, actually. Not that I mind. But fuck, I should mind. Why am I so weak? Why can't I resist her?

"Jamie, please!" I shout again through the rain, but she carries on walking quickly up the pathway. All right, fine.

"I'm not gonna follow you home, if that's what you're expecting!"

She stops suddenly, then spins around to face me. Finally, she's listening.

"I'm not expecting you to follow me home! I'm expecting us to go our separate ways. You go home to Amanda, I go home to Benji!"

Why the fuck does she keep bringing up Amanda? This is about me and her, no one else. If she's gonna keep bringing Amanda's name into, I'll stoop to that level too.

"You go home to Benji? What about Noah?" I yell at her through the rain.

"Noah?" She sounds confused. "There is no Noah, not anymore."

"So, it's true, then? You actually turned him down?" I ask her doubtfully.

"Yes, of course I did!" She yells at me, her voice carrying above the sound of the rainfall. "How could I have gone back to Noah after..." she pauses, but I know what she means.

After sleeping with me, why would she want to sleep with Noah again? So what the hell was she doing at his dorm last night? If she was fucking him... I can't even think about that.

"I know you were with him last night, I saw you going into his dorm!" I yell.

This startles her and throws her off. Yeah, that's right. I know you've still been seeing him. There's no point trying to deny it.

"Patrick, I was talking to him. I've been through a lot with him, I'm not just cutting him out of my life!" She yells.

Yeah, sure. Because you fucking love the guy. I get it.