To Feel [Connor]

Request: So I was thinking you can do something that take place right after the part where Connor chooses not to shook Chloe... I was assigned with Hank and Connor to work on the case since the beginning and me them are already close. I'm a human detective lets say... so after Hank and Connor walked out of the building and talked about why he did it and how Connor showed empathy, I step in when Hank walks off. So maybe i say something like I think it was right what he did and that showing emotions was a good thing and that he was more then just some mindless machine. And sometime in the conversation I say something about how I'm happy he's starting to feel emotions because I have a special feeling towards him that I don't for anyone else and then I kiss him. He's confused after and asked me what love is so I tell him what it feels like... idk use your imagination. And then he feels that way about me and we end up getting together but decided to keep it a secret for their safety - by MendesGrimes16

Fandom: Detroit: Become Human, Connor x fem!reader

Warnings: None, I think?

A/N: Another Connor one :D I hope the next Connor request calms down the Connor request flood for a while, I can't take him much longer XD Almost all the requests I get in here are for Connor.

Again, I edited the ending a bit because I don't think them getting together that fast would be natural. At least if I had a crush on someone and they said they like me too, I don't think I would get together with them right there and then. The requester gave me her blessing for editing :)

+ Please note that I've never been in love with anyone so describing how love feels like was surprisingly difficult to me and I'm sorry if it's a cliche and/or cringe.

Word count: 1,406

"By the way... I always leave a backdoor for my programming. Who knows... maybe you'll find that useful someday", Kamski's voice echoed through the hall of his home and Connor stared at him with confusion.

"C'mon, Connor." you softly said to him, and you made your way out.

Hank waited for you two outside and he was squinting his eyes on Connor while clearly being in his thoughts. Snowflakes slowly descended from the sky and a cold breeze gently blew against you. Nobody spoke for a moment.

"Why didn't you shoot?" Hank's voice was quiet, full of wonder. He tilted his head, as he continued: "You always say you'd do anything to accomplish your mission. Kamski told you do shoot that girl. She was there, right before your eyes - and you didn't shoot her. Why?"

Connor started moving his head nervously, his LED spinning between yellow and blue with a rapid pace.

"I saw her eyes and I couldn't, I don't know why..." Connor swallowed and let out a shaky breath. "I know I should have done that and my programming told me to do that, but... I still couldn't. I don't know why I didn't, I-" Connor's voice broke mid-sentence and he swallowed, looking at Hank with a look that was a mixture of so many feelings at once, but confusion and fear were the most prominent ones.

Hank raised his eyebrows at Connor and then a small smile spread to his face.

"Well, maybe you did the right thing."

As Hank walked away and Connor was going to follow him, you stopped him for a moment. You had always had feelings for Connor - but at first, you knew you couldn't have him. But now... now Connor had shown to have some kind of moral in him, and that probably wouldn't be a part of his programming. So that made you wonder if... if Connor was a deviant himself. He seemed to be afraid of that thought - maybe it was so because he himself somehow suspected himself to be a deviant. And that was one of his greatest fears, because it would mean failing his mission - something his programming always screamed him to do.