2

Healina

Vernon and Seungkwan went to Vernon's house and were greeted by an empty home, Vernon's parents were very well established in Healina and therefore had quite hectic work patterns so they had the house to themselves and decided to snuggle up on the couch and watch some netflix after their long day.

They were half way through an episode of whatever random baking show they had found when they heard a colossal crash outside the house.

Both the boy's hearts stopped as they questioned what could be the cause of it but when they went to listen out a window they identified it as the house next to them. Vernon sighed while Seungkwan looked puzzled.

"It's the Xu residence." Vernon stated quite simply as Seungkwan knitted his eyebrows, somehow he'd never been around when this went on which was shocking because he was around a lot.

Vernon wasn't really one to give stories without prompt so he'd never mentioned his unfortunate neighbours with their seemingly outcast son.

Soon enough, the bangs and crashes and occasional shouts calmed down and the street went back to the comfortable silence it once held. "Um, could you please elaborate?" Seungkwan said as he stared at Vernon with confusion and apprehension at his neutral tone.

"The Xu's are a rich family but they have this son who just kind of sits in his room and gets angry every now and then, an outcast, a soon to be Oderian, a freak." Seungkwan gulped, "Oh, well how do you know, have you ever talked to him?" "Well no," Vernon continued, "It's just from what I've gathered over the years but I can see in his bedroom he has these weird paintings? He also dresses like a weirdo like where do you even get that sort of clothing."

Seungkwan frowned and slapped his boyfriend lightly on the chest. Vernon was ashamed of his intrigue into the mysterious boy due to the rather vague and unpleasant description of people from Odera taught in school and general fear for his own ceremony but he wasn't expecting Seungkwan to disagree with him being so cold towards the neighbour's apparent situation. "Yah, why so harsh? I don't care if he might be an outcast, he's still a human." Before Vernon could respond he felt his wrist being taken and dragged up to his room by Seungkwan, surveying where he could not so creepily identify the unknown boy's bedroom window.

They reached Vernon's small balcony and could see the boy in his room just lying on the floor with his hands over his face surrounded by numerous kermit the frog dolls and abstract paintings that were strangely neat, the boy's clothes were also strange which made the two wonder where he'd even find such garments.

After assessing the situation, Seungkwan decided the most logical plan of action was proceeding to throw a nearby action figure at the window of the house.

"Hey, that was a collectible!" Vernon shouted as he watched his figurine hit the boy's window at which point the boy jumped up from his position and his eyes widened at the two boys staring back at him, one of which was frantically waving.

"HELLO" Seungkwan boomed unnecessarily loudly whilst continuing to wave his hands. The boy, although very confused, proceeded to open his window.

"H-Hello?" He said back like he'd never come across a person like Seungkwan before. "Ah! Hi um what's your name?" Seungkwan said, realising he didn't really have a plan about what he wanted to achieve with this conversation.

"Minghao." He replied, "What do you want?" To this Vernon and Seungkwan looked at each other because well, they didn't know. For once something happened before Seungkwan could respond, Minghao began to climb out his window shaking his head to which the two boys replied with raised eyebrows, stunned at the scene in front of them.

Minghao grabbed onto the railing of his gutter and just slid down like he did it all the time and walked up to the Chwe household. Vernon and Seungkwan rushed down to greet him.

"Why did you throw plastic at my window?" Was the first thing that came out of Minghao's mouth as the door was opened. He then proceeded to invite himself in and sit on Vernon's couch. "Uh well we wanted to get to know you, you're always stuck in that house-"
"Yeah okay huns," Minghao interrupted "I'm not always stuck in the house, I chose to be in the house and I appreciate your concern but I'm going to Odera so you might as well not even bother trying to be friends with me."
Minghao crossed his arms and Vernon was stunned at how blunt the boy was whilst Seungkwan on the other hand had different plans.

"Will you stay if I told you we had cookies?"

"Oh fuck yeah."

𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭│𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐚𝐮 ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें