79

Odera

"Yes you may come in," Minghao said preemptively answering Jun before he had a chance to knock on the door. The older had been the prime visitor for a few weeks now, sometimes talking, sometimes tinkering with a random gadget he found in his room, most of the time however just spent in content silence.

"Were you some sort of ninja back in Healina, how did you know I was there?" Jun laughed, taking his usual place on Minghao's bed. "It doesn't take a genius to recognise when someone has been staring at the back of their head for at least 2 minutes," Minghao replied bluntly. At current he was just doing some stretches, Soonyoung had been putting him and the other dancers through a lot recently and even though he was grateful for the fun distraction it didn't stop his arms aching like a bitch.

"You love it really," Jun winked, crossing his legs on the bed and shamelessly continuing to stare at Minghao's exercises. "You're something else Wen Junhui," Minghao muttered, "That should seriously become your tag line."

He pouted when he noticed his cat on the floor, Aki was purring, pushing herself around Minghao's legs and vying for attention. "She likes you more than me and you're not even giving her any appreciation!" Jun said, pointing down at the cat with a look of betrayal. Minghao huffed and bent down to stroke her, receiving a loud purr in return. Eventually, he gave up with his stretches and decided to occupy himself with the cat, primarily to make her happy and secondarily to make Jun jealous of him (and maybe even the cat too).

"It gets pretty cold in Odera you know?" Jun said, completely changing the conversation - something he was quite prone to doing. "I don't imagine it's too different from Healina, the kingdoms aren't that far away so yeah I guess it will do," Minghao commented, not really knowing where he was going with the statement and more absorbed in the way Aki was cutely stretching to get more contact with his hands.

"Well you said you liked fashion but you haven't had a chance to get any new clothes and honestly Wonwoo is starting to get pretty irritated at the fact you keep stealing his oversized jumpers," Jun laughed, remembering the scowl on Wonwoo's face when he found him having to wear a tank top the previous day and cursing Minghao since the younger had seemed to just claim random people's clothing as his own from what roughly suited his tastes.

"What I'm getting at is do you think you'd be comfortable coming to the market with me, we could get you new clothes and I'd make sure you're okay and if you were nervous we'd come straight home and you know what, yeah? You get it." Jun cut off his nervous rambling himself, Minghao hadn't been out in public in Odera ever so it'd be a big step for him.

Minghao finally turned to look at the older, his face showed apprehension but bouncing from the dance studio to the apartment could only be kept up for so long and he did find Wonwoo's jumpers kind of itchy. "I guess, I can't continue to be a pussy, I'll be okay," He nodded, telling himself that more than Jun.

"That's so cool, I'll go beg Wonwoo for money then," Jun smiled, getting up to leave the room after his small visit, "Don't you have your own money?" Minghao wasn't a fan of the fact he couldn't pay himself but in this situation he was literally penniless so it was futile to protest. "Won handles all our money, he gives us all allowance sometimes but he doesn't trust us which is honestly fair. That's why he's called Won-woo," Jun grinned, leaving the room before Minghao could complain about the awful pun.

"Hey bitch gimme your wallet,"

"Jun for the last time, I'm not giving you more money for catnip. Aki is cute and all but that cat is more of a stoner than 18 year old Soonyoung." Wonwoo replied blankly, pushing his glasses up on his nose as he typed away on his laptop.

Although you wouldn't guess it from the outside, Wonwoo and Jun's friendship was probably the strongest platonic relationship in the house. Growing up they'd been neighbours, bedroom windows facing directly opposite each other where they'd stay up with walkie talkies and talk about random stuff way past their bedtimes so their dynamic was quite unique.

Jun explained the real reason he needed the money, causing Wonwoo to shut his laptop, "So you're finally getting somewhere with Hao?" Wonwoo wiggled his eyebrows teasingly as if his love life wasn't far more chaotic. "No! We're just friends you creep," Jun said, sticking out his tongue. "Wen Junhui is not 'just friends' with any hot single his age," Wonwoo noted and he was right.

"Okay you've got me there but seriously! I just want to help him, I think it's important and if anything blooms from that that's okay," Jun found himself blushing, surprised at himself for the sincere comment.

"Bit cringe Junnie."

"Fuck off you literally can't talk Wonwhore."

"Oh I'm the whore? What about that time when- Oh hi Gyu," Wonwoo said, demeanour completely changing into a soft puddle as soon as the younger entered the room.  "What's going on?" He asked, just coming back from baking with Chan, indicated by the smell coming from the kitchen and the large flour handprint on his chest.

"Jun is begging for money because Minghao finally agreed to come to the market," Wonwoo explained, Mingyu's face lighting up instantly. "Wonu can we go too, pretty please? I want to show Hao around and finally discover his fashion so he can stop wearing those ugly sweaters of yours!" He exclaimed, all too excitedly.

"My sweaters are a gift, they're wonderful, I love them and you love them despite what you're saying so shut up," Wonwoo said, crossing his arms in childish upset. "But fine we can go," He mumbled straight after, apparently having to rethink his wardrobe.

Jun sighed at the couple, frankly quite tired of the way they'd speak in aegyo to each other and be completely different in any other circumstances. "You people disgust me, it's too late now though, we can leave tomorrow," He said, exiting the room and shaking his head; he rewarded himself for having to sit through the small dialogue by stuffing half of the pastries Mingyu and Chan had made into his arms and bringing them to Minghao's room.

"Wonwoo said yes, him and Mingyu are coming too also I brought you food," Jun said, dumping the pastries on Minghao's bedside table and sending a scowl to his cat who was still being pampered.

Minghao wasn't even fazed at the strange entrance, already grown accustomed to Jun's ways. Already laughing when he could hear Chan screaming, "THERE'S BEEN A ROBBERY!" From down the hall.

-
This chapter brought to you by this Minghao

I'm all for the Wonwoo sweater paws agenda but this is also such a concept and I will push it onto all of you as well