85

Odera

"Hey Hoonie~" Soonyoung chimed, he'd just gotten back from the dance studio. A week later and Jihoon had been acting strange to say the least, Soonyoung hadn't talked to him about it but figured he was just a little worried about the ceremony so decided to comfort him as best he could.

"I got you a present," Jihoon said, "Well actually I got me a present but I think you'll like it." Soonyoung smiled, "Oh yeah, do you want to show me?"

Jihoon began lifting up his shirt and Soonyoung's eyes widened, "Ji what are you-" Once it reached his rib cage he stopped, pretty black ink covering his pale skin. "Jihoon you- is this why you've been acting weird, it's because of this right?" Soonyoung asked, thinking he'd solved the mystery. "Yeah, I guess," Jihoon replied in a slightly quieter tone.

Soonyoung instantly reached out to touch it, it was very minimalistic, a few scores from 'bring it' neatly outlining his ribs but something felt off. "Hoonie you said tattoos are bad though, remember that time you had to wrestle a tattoo gun off of me because I wanted to do a stick and poke tiger on myself?" He chuckled with a hint of confusion. "So you don't like it?"

"No it's not that, it's nice but so suddenly?" Jihoon frowned, "So you don't like it?" He repeated.

"Why are you being like this, I said I did, please don't get all defensive and hate it because I didn't instantly tell you how attractive it looks on you," Soonyoung said the last part with a grin, Jihoon never stayed mad at him when he threw in a compliment to catch him off guard.

Jihoon didn't seem impressed though, "You're never serious are you? This is a big thing and I even made it our song but you're just being so insufferable about it," It sounded like Jihoon didn't even believe what he was saying and it was confusing the hell out of Soonyoung. "Hoonie I'm sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to, it's nice!"

"Just leave me alone, okay?" He huffed, exiting their room as Soonyoung just sat there, feeling as if the small argument was totally unjustified but too guilty to step in and stop him.

"Mingyu we're going on a trip, let's go," Jihoon said, a duffel bag around his back. Mingyu was in the kitchen 'making lunch' aka being straddled by Wonwoo on the kitchen counter in a heated make out session. When Mingyu didn't respond the smaller decided the best course of action would be to rip Mingyu away from his boyfriend. "Hyung what the fuck?" Mingyu breathed wiping his swollen lips.

Jihoon swore he was living in a house with sims, you leave them for one second and they're all trying to procreate, "I said, we're going on a trip, let's go." Jihoon stated bluntly. "Get someone else," Mingyu whined, looking over at a half embarrassed, half grumpy Wonwoo. "No, I'm telling you we need to go."

After some more arguing Mingyu eventually gave up, Jihoon was clearly in a weird mood so he thought it was better to just comply, he didn't know what it was with that year and everyone born in it having random fits of mild insanity but he'd given up trying to explain it.

Jihoon started up his truck silently, "Where are we going?" Mingyu asked. "You'll see."

They drove a few miles out into a more desolate part of Odera, Mingyu knew where they were and began to question if Jihoon really had gone insane. "Hyung..." He started carefully but Jihoon's face was cold, stopping the truck and grabbing the duffel bag.

"I want you to teach me." He said, shoving the bag toward Mingyu. Upon close inspection he realised it was a plentiful stash of guns. "Jihoon, what's gotten into you?" He asked, genuinely confused and a bit taken aback. Only him, Jun and Seungcheol knew how to properly handle a gun, they knew they'd probably never need it but it was simply for their safety.

Jihoon just grumbled at the question, "I just want to know okay, just in case something happens!"

"Why so suddenly though, I thought you were completely against violence?" Mingyu asked, trying to ignore the way Jihoon was becoming riled up at virtually nothing. Jihoon stayed silent and Mingyu's eyes widened, "Please don't tell me you're planning anything stupid Ji, we have enough money to support everyone and-"

"No! No it's not that," Jihoon exclaimed. "Then what is it?" Mingyu asked, voice much more serious than his usual puppy like tone. Jihoon opened his mouth then closed it again, a small part of him wanted to open up but he was worried about how fake it would all seem if he told the truth. "If you're not going to teach me I'll try and teach myself."

Mingyu huffed at his stubbornness, towering over Jihoon as he tried to reach for the bag. He grabbed his wrist before he could open it, pulling him so they locked eyes, "Jihoon, no." Jihoon gave an equally fierce stare but inside he was slightly giddy, it was working.

"Fine." He said, ripping his arm out of Mingyu's grasp, heading back the the truck after their trip that lasted all of about two minutes. Mingyu was left with the bag in his hands, feeling rather awkward but soon joined him. They didn't speak on the way back, Mingyu was more confused than anything just as Soonyoung had been.

"Bye." Jihoon said as soon as Mingyu got out and grabbed the bag, Mingyu turned his head but Jihoon was already off before he could protest, he didn't think that was a good sign.

Jihoon ended up in a club, one that they often had gigs in so he knew everyone well, he was going to be sensible and take Mingyu with him but after their argument he decided he'd be more of a nuisance, "Myungjun, dry martini please oh and a vodka and coke, make it a double." He called, hopping up onto a bar stool.

"Jihoon, It's been a while!" The bar tender exclaimed, shooing another boy to prepare the drinks while he chatted. "Two drinks, has my Jihoonie finally got a date?" The bartender teased, attempting to pinch Jihoon's cheek but being slapped away lightly.

"Gosh, you never change huh? And for your information, I already have a boyfriend I'm just- I'm trying something different." He nodded thoughtfully.

"Oh my god you have to tell me who," He leaned forward over the bar, ignoring the other customers shouting for drinks. "Soonyoung, anyway did you employ a new bartender?" Jihoon tried to avoid the question, nodding to the person making his drinks.

"SOONYOUNG?!" He screamed overly loudly and completely ignoring the other question. It had been a while since Jihoon had been to this particular club so he had forgotten about the loud bartender's antics but it happened to be the place they were going to perform in their next gig.

"Here are your drinks," The other bartender interrupted, sliding over the glasses. "You sure you can handle all that?"

"Guess we'll find out," Jihoon said, taking his first sip of the martini.

He didn't.

-
Thank you for 20k reads!!! (21k now because guess who got writers block for four days) I promise I'll try and get my schedule back on track soon