68

Odera

"Class is once again in session," Wonwoo said smugly, proud of the little classroom he'd set up in their living room. Mingyu was sat closest to him, chin resting on his palms as he looked at Wonwoo, not paying attention to anything he was saying, Minghao was sat next to him still feeling slightly out of place but was comforted by Jeonghan who was there with a large pad of paper and colourful pens and finally Jun was also there at the back swinging on his chair.

"Han, you know there isn't going to be a test right? You don't have to write anything down,"

"Don't come between me and my stationery." Jeonghan said with a death glare that quickly made Wonwoo surrender.

"Okay so, Odera. How much do you know about the war Minghao?"

"Uh, not much? I wasn't allowed to attend comprehensive school,"

"Oh okay, we'll start with the basics then. Two centuries ago the world was ravaged and war torn, the fighting was devastating and left only a fraction of the population alive. No one won that war, instead there were two colonies that integrated, the outsider refugees and us, your name actually comes from the refugees which is cool, only Jun has that out of all of us," Wonwoo began drawing rough chalk diagrams on the blackboard he had somehow managed to acquire.

"Yeah and my other name is really boring just like Moon instead of Wen? Why couldn't I get VIRGINDESTROYERXXX or something?"

"J-Jun no one is called that." Jun smirked at his own joke while Wonwoo just sighed and collected himself to continue.

"Anyway, there soon became calls for a second war or uprising, the two princes of the united kingdom had very different views, one seen as a evil tyrant and the other a smart and peaceful man although that bits a bit fuzzy due to bias from the kingdoms, I'm sure Healina would lead you to believe the smart and peaceful one founded Healina but actually it was the opposite in our account of the lore."

"When the original king died there was a war, not as great as the first but a savage one none the less that ended in eventual peace for the two sides and that's when the ceremonies began and Pledis was established to mediate the two kingdoms - a small purgatory if you will. You got all that?"

Everyone nodded, Jeonghan making an intricate brainstorm with many obnoxious neon highlighters while Minghao tried to keep up with all the new information about the bigger picture of his world.

"Good, the ceremony has run the same way since then, an unknown force dictating the right kingdom for the person. Now our current king, Seo Yuan, is a rather secluded man, the story goes that his fiancé who was pregnant with his child at 20 got taken to Healina and ever since then he's not performed his kingly duties, he begged Pledis to make an exception but not even he could overrule the system. Pretty sad really, people say he'll come back one day but the chances are he's some little bitch boy that has no idea where he came from. The other king I don't really know enough about..." Wonwoo stopped when he saw a hand fly up. "Jeonghan you don't have to put your hand up,"

"I know a lot about the Healina king, pick me, I'll explain!" Jeonghan said overexitedly, Wonwoo reluctantly giving up his place at the front and placing himself on Mingyu's lap.

"Seo Hyungseok, older brother of Seo Yuan and king of Healina. He's a bit of an asshole not going to lie, the idea of royalty in such an advanced kingdom is quite outdated but he likes to make sure everyone knows who he is, he's often found attending the Pledis buildings and dumb events," Jeonghan concluded, not quite having the same eloquent tone.

Wonwoo unlatched himself from Mingyu and stood back at the front, "Now that the background part is over, any questions?"

"Yeah, why are they called brothers, aren't they technically just very distant cousins by now?"

"Because brothers sounds cooler Minghao, no stupid questions," 

"Mingyu?"

"Why do you look so hot in a suit?"

Wonwoo adjusted his tie with a blush. "See me after class." He said which made Jeonghan and Jun make childish 'Ooh's at him and leaving Minghao questioning just what sort of people had agreed to house him.

"Anyway next his basic health and safety,"

A loud groan emitted from everyone in the room, "Oh so the history is fine but I want to make sure Minghao doesn't die and suddenly it's lame?"

"Yeah pretty much." Jun replied, getting off his seat to exit the room. Minghao couldn't help but be slightly hurt by the comment but quickly reasoned it was silly and the older had no reason to be concerned about his wellbeing.

"Odera isn't exactly the safest place as I'm sure you know, where we are is safe and we're fortunate to make enough money to be pretty secure but other parts aren't so nice. We have the forest which is where we found you, large and creepy but not all that threatening, the poorer areas and central Odera are where things can go down quite often especially the slums but in the epicentre is the military and the king's palace, it's all walled off anyway so don't expect to see much of it but I'll draw you out a map of the area." Wonwoo said, looking up every so often to make sure Minghao was still listening and to marvel at just how extravagant Jeonghan's mindmap was getting.

"Don't go out without someone with you for a while, pick someone like Mingyu, Seungcheol or Jun since they're best in those sorts of situations but provided all goes well you won't need to worry. You have everything you need here, we have good surveillance so you can take all the time you need to get to know us and properly integrate." He was now looking directly at Minghao with a fond smile, he could tell Minghao didn't feel properly at home yet, only having the chance to grieve in the past month and not properly ground himself but Wonwoo felt he had potential to thrive.

"Class dismissed," Wonwoo then said, finding he'd ran out of things to say also he was becoming increasingly flustered with the way Mingyu was eyeing him.

The boys began to push back the furniture into place as Mingyu didn't waste time attacking his boyfriend's mouth in the middle of their living room, "Hey guys how did Wonwoo's oh-" Seungcheol said, entering the room with Chan who he swiftly launched to cover the eyes of. Jeonghan joined him at the entrance with a sigh, "It's disgusting, I wish they never made up,"

"Absolutely disgusting." Seungcheol replied, all the while Chan trying to struggle out his grasp and Minghao nonchalantly adjusting the chairs back and sinking into his room. 

-
Teacher Wonwoo is back, if you're confused about anything feel free to comment and I'll try and explain