62

Odera

Jun brought the silent boy into his room, gesturing for him to sit down. Minghao looked around the cluttered area and let out a small squeak as Aki decided to situate herself on his thighs, nudging at his arms for a stroke. Minghao weakly complied, now staring at the boy who was rifling through various messy draws, occasionally pulling out strange contraptions and sharp objects.

The final thing he grabbed was a piece of paper, biting his lip as he hesitantly wrote a note for Minghao. Handing it over, Junhui fixed his gaze upon Minghao's features. He received an uncomfortable nod and braved himself for what was about to come, taking hold of Minghao's bloody arm and pulling it forward to unwrap the bandages.

Jun formed mini operating table in the form of a kitchen tray and some towels, calling in Jeonghan to effectively be his nurse. In any other state of mind Minghao would've reacted to what was going on but he was in too much of a daze to question the stranger's actions. He did however begin to care slightly more when Jun winced at the knife in his hands, he committed himself to being one of the braver ones if anything did go wrong but this was tough. He mouthed a short '3, 2, 1,' before violently plunging the sharp object into Minghao's arm, Jeonghan holding his mouth shut so he didn't scream.

Silent tears fell down Minghao's face as his arm began to throb violently, Jun completely shut off as he tried to remove the device. He'd read about it online before - he didn't want to mention that there was a wire that if cut would send an electric impulse through Minghao's system which would kill him instantly but the thought made his head run. Even though he had little emotional attachment to the smaller boy it was still incredibly tough to keep on working, deep veins spluttering with blood and making a mess on his floor.

It took eight minutes of agonising poking and prodding to extract the device, a bloody crimson on the table. Jeonghan instantly ran to stitch up the wound, Minghao letting out uncontrollable whimpers periodically. Jun just sat there, staring devoid into his wall, even though he was doing a good thing causing all that harm just felt wrong.

When the tears stopped and the blood dried, they emerged into the living room. Jun gestured for Minghao to sit who bowed awkwardly, taking a place on Chan's favourite beanbag. "T-Thank you." He said weakly, unsure if he even meant it or if he'd rather be dead.

"I wish I could say it was over but it's not... once they notice that tracker has been stationary for more than 24 hours they investigate, if they find it here we're all dead," Jun said, emotions unwavering as he wondered how he got into this situation in the first place.

"What are we going to do then?" Seungcheol asked, entering the room rather casually considering Minghao's arm was being hacked open just a few minutes prior. "I don't know, I was hoping we'd cross that bridge when we come to it," Seungcheol let out an annoyed growl, "You never think ahead do you, how are we supposed to stop Pledis from bashing down our door and killing us all?"

"What, should we have just left him to die, is that what you're saying?" Jun shot back angrily, Jeonghan having to intercept before it got out of hand, emotions had been running high recently and a sudden new addition to their already large house certainly didn't help.

"Why can't we just move it around all the time?" Seungcheol suggested, "No idiot, then we'd be being recorded and tracked the whole time, I don't know about you but I don't want to be reduced to note passing for the rest of this kid's life,"

Minghao only watched distantly, head turning from stranger to stranger. Was this really what Odera had to offer him? How had he managed to become even more of an inconvenience than he was before?

At some point Wonwoo had entered, leaning on the doorframe, "I have a plan but you're not going to like it," He stated simply, Jun nodding for him to go on, "We find someone that's actually dead and just give it to them, bury it with a corpse so we don't have to risk it and they presume him dead."

Jun lifted his hand up, "Okay uh, one question, where in the living fuck do you expect us to get a dead body?" He shook his head, frustrated that they had no plan. "I might know a place." Wonwoo replied rather ominously. "The slums."

"Wonwoo what the fuck, we can't pray on them!" Jun exclaimed, believing his friend to have gone insane, it wouldn't be the first time. "I'm just saying there are a lot of starving and unhappy people there, no one would miss one."

"That's too ridiculous, we can't I-"

"Well do you have a better idea? According to you we only have 24 hours until they get here, realise the tracer is out and we all get killed. Jesus, why didn't you think of this before we did it?!"

"Why is it all my fault?! You're meant to be the smart one, you should've told me to wait!"

Minghao definitely didn't like Junhui.

Although he was the one to stitch up his wounds, his tone made the younger sob silently as the fighting continued, surprised he had any tears left to cry at that point.

"Fine! We'll try your fucked up idea and when it doesn't work we can all die for the kid who tried to kill himself anyway-" Jun shouted angrily, stopping in his tracks when he realised what he said.

Minghao let out a weak cry, 'He's right he's right he's RIGHT' His mind lurched, Jeonghan grabbing him by his shoulders and carrying him into his room, death staring Jun on the way out. Jun's fist made contact with their coffee table as he collapsed onto a chair, "We leave tomorrow, 4AM." Wonwoo stated coldly, he knew Jun, of all people, would be the last to actually mean thise words but the fact he said it meant he couldn't even look at his friend.

Seungcheol soon followed behind, leaving Jun in the empty living room. Even his cat didn't come to greet him this time. He curled up on the couch like a baby, whispering under his breath, 'Pathetic.'