49

Odera

As rays of sunshine seeped through into the apartment block, the beginning of a new day dawned. Wonwoo was awoken by the sound of shuffling on the floor as he remembered the rollercoaster that was the day prior, already wanting to cry again.

"Morning hyung," Chan mumbled sleepily, Wonwoo stretched out like a cat with a quick hum of recognition. Turning to his right, Wonwoo saw a stack of his clothes Chan had thoughtfully placed on the bedside for him to wear that had been being washed during his great purge.

"You're too nice to me Channie," He sighed sleepily, "You've done more for me hyung," Came a quiet reply. The atmosphere was nice but it was soon ruined by screaming on the floor above.

"CHOI SEUNGCHEOL YOU ABSOLUTE ASSWIPE WHERE ARE MY SLIPPERS?" They heard Jeonghan scream, even with all the tension in the house recently it never stopped the two oldest acting like five year olds. "MAYBE YOU'D KNOW IF YOU STOPPED THROWING THEM AT ME." The two broke into laughter and Chan was happy to see Wonwoo smiling, "MAYBE I WOULDN'T THROW THEM AT YOU IF YOU WEREN'T ALWAYS BEING AN ANNOYING LITTLE BITCH,"

"Could be worse, right?" Wonwoo said, gesturing upwards with a dry laugh. "You're going to have to sort this out you know, properly and today." Chan reminded him causing Wonwoo's face to flatten, "He won't want to speak to me." Came his cold reply, wanting to shut down the idea.

Chan just shook his head and urged the older to get ready for the day.

Mingyu woke up to Jeonghan and Seungcheol's fighting, quickly being reminded of the previous day much like how Wonwoo had been. He heard a knock at his door followed by a "I'm coming in fuckface." From Jihoon.

"Jesus, you look rough," Was his first comment upon entering, with all the commotion happening when he was asleep he was the most clueless, Mingyu's only reply was a toddler like whine as he buried his face in his covers. Jihoon just sighed, pulling them back and joining him under. "Won't Soonyoung get mad?"

"If he did I'd punch him." Came Jihoon's quick reply, he too knew Mingyu was struggling so he definitely wouldn't mind, "We love an abusive relationship," Mingyu chuckled back but Jihoon was silent, "You clearly seem to."

"We were never together but mean I'm not really into it, Wonwoo's just a bit of a masochist-" His mouth was quickly covered, "No, ew not like that I mean emotionally you creep," Jihoon replied in slight disgust.

"Oh yeah well... whatever we had, it's over now so you don't have to worry," Mingyu replied in a hushed tone, "You don't want that though, do you?"

He was reluctant to reply but soon burst out, "No and I know he doesn't either because-" His mouth was covered again, "Save it for Wonwoo, speak to him today for everyone's sake not just your own." Jihoon said, giving Mingyu a small pat on the head and exiting the room to leave the other to dwell on it.

Soonyoung almost fell through the door as he exited, "You've got him to speak?" He asked excitedly, "I think so."

It was the afternoon by the time Wonwoo worked up the courage to try speak to Mingyu, although sharing the same building and everyone being home, he hadn't actually seen the younger all day. After a long breath he knocked on the door, earning a short, "Come in Jihoon," He contemplated whether or not to clarify it was him but decided against it, just opening the door and revealing himself to Mingyu who was holding the book he'd picked up yesterday, their bookmarks still stuck in their places.

"We need to talk." They said simultaneously, both faces stern yet apprehensive. Wonwoo looked around and decided to take a seat at Mingyu's desk, softly inhaling as Mingyu's scent intoxicated his lungs once again. "We both don't want this," He began, not daring to make eye contact with Mingyu.

"I know," Mingyu exhaled, "Yesterday, I don't mean to sound weird but I walked past Chan's room and sort of heard a lot of what you said..." He trailed off, not knowing what response to anticipate. Wonwoo's eyes widened, being honest, he wasn't even sure all of what he said since he was in such a state, "Please stop holding back from us Won, you know it's not doing either of us any good and me going to Healina? Come on, if I'm pussy enough to get in there you're going before me," He tried to laugh but it came out awkwardly.

Wonwoo didn't reply before Mingyu spoke up again, "I really want to be with you Wonu, there's just one apprehension I have," He began cautiously as he saw Wonwoo's eyes slightly tighten at the statement, "Do you like me?"

"Of course I-" Wonwoo tried to begin, "Because I know you love me, I love you too but do you like me? All this time you've acted like you hate me for years and it got to a point where I can't not believe it, I don't know if I can have a boyfriend who doesn't even like me." He said quietly, not wanting to be too accusatory.

Wonwoo felt a wave of guilt wash over him as he realised in his attempt to keep them comfortably apart he'd been messing with both of their emotions for years. "Mingyu of course I like you, I think the problem is I don't like me, you know how awful I am to everyone, especially you. When we do the shows all I ask about is money, I never really appreciate anyone but Chan, all I do is sit in my room and work, you're so good to me I just can't have you waste your love on me then be ripped away." He said, his words stung and pierced both of them as Mingyu's lips curved into a frown.

"It'd be harsher of you to deny me, just please let this happen, don't care about the future because we'll sort it out. I'd sacrifice it all to be with you, you know what that means." Mingyu approached him and Wonwoo reluctantly let him, everything was out in the open and there was no way to put it back. The smallest "Okay," was all Mingyu needed for him to grab Wonwoo firmly as they shared a kiss unlike any other they had before.

It was slow and meaningful, apprehensive and yet loving. Wonwoo hated that he lost control and didn't know where this would lead him but it felt too good to stop. Mingyu couldn't help but smile into it, there was nothing sexual about it, no lust in sight just acceptance and understanding.

As they pulled back Wonwoo had to laugh a little, "I feel pretty stupid for throwing out all my stuff now," Mingyu laughed with him, pressing their foreheads together, "It's fine, this is your room now, our room," He smiled, stealing another quick peck after Wonwoo nodded. Their hands intertwined and they collapsed onto their bed, just laying there and looking at the ceiling, neither knowing how this would pan out or quite what to do but just appreciating each other's company.