39

Healina

"Sanha! It's been a while." Joshua said, pulling the teenager into a hug. Him and Seokmin had just finished their first week of classes and were relaxing at the bakery he worked in, daytime hours of course.

"Hi Hyung! What can I get for you?" He asked with a bright smile. "Uh I'll get um a tea and a slice of carrot cake, Seokmin will have a coffee with one extra shot of expresso and three cookies, one raisin cookie and two chocolate please," Seokmin smiled at how Joshua had to stutter over his own order but could list his far more complicated one in an instant.

"Great! That'll be $9.50, I've only just started my shift but I'll take my break now so we can catch up," He beamed, turning to make the orders whilst the pair sat down.

"I still don't understand why you order a raisin cookie to make yourself feel better, you don't even like them and it's not like you need to lose weight and they're not even healthier anyway," Joshua chuckled he sat down.

Seokmin pouted as he replied, "Well that's your opinion and we'll see who's laughing when I become totally ripped from raisin cookies, they're fruit, right? My master plan is just too genius for your small little mind, Hong." He began trying to flex his muscles in an awkward manner which just made Joshua laugh harder.

The two talked casually until Sanha came over with their order, "Right, I got permission from Jinwoo so hello," The youngest said, placing the tray down on the table and reaching for a very extravagant hot chocolate he had made in the process.

The two smiled at the young boy, "You're looking well, have you been doing better?" Joshua asked cautiously, he hadn't seen Sanha since two weeks after the ceremony where it was still clear he wasn't coping too well.

The teenager's lips shifted into a slight frown, "I've been doing better... it's still hard not knowing why but it's okay! Everything happens for a reason, at least I hope, but I do still miss him," Sanha looked down at his drink whilst Seokmin and Joshua shared a guilty glance, they couldn't bring themselves to tell the younger about Jeonghan's past... habits and even more importantly he can't find out the cute little bakery he works in also happens to be an underground bar.

"You'll get over it some day, I'm sure he's happier," Seokmin smiled softly, Sanha poked his head up again and his lips formed into a smile, looking past the two he was sat at the table with.

"Look it's Minghao hyung, you guys are friends, right?" The pair were startled, turning around to see him walking out of the staff only section in slightly more risqué attire than they had seen him in previously, it had also been almost a month since they'd spoken so they were very shocked to see him there.

"He dresses all funny but he's really nice! I've loved having him live upstairs." Sanha beamed and waved Minghao over as the other two forced smiles while trying to comprehend this strange coincidence and why Minghao was dressed like he was about to go summon satan but sexily at 5pm.

The awkward, crying mess on the floor they had witnessed on the day of all the drama was completely gone as Minghao strutted over to them, thick platform boots harshly hitting the ground. His hand ghosted over the tops of their seats as he wore a smirk, "Seokmin, Joshua, nice to see you again."

"Same to you..." Joshua replied cautiously whilst still trying his best to not let Sanha know something was up. Minghao crossed his arms as he threw himself onto the remaining seat of the table, inspecting Sanha's hot drink before taking a sip.

To Seokmin, this Minghao felt fake. It was hard to tell with the very few interactions he'd had with him but the confidence and bitchy attitude was perplexing.

The four wouldn't have done much talking after that if it wasn't for Sanha who animatedly started speaking about his school, leaving the other three to nod and comment where it was fit until the youngest announced he had to get back on shift, jumping up hurriedly as Minghao also left, not before shooting a wink and the pair sat at the table.

Verkwan protection squad

shua💙: Hey Vern... how much contact have you had with Minghao since, you know?

vern: Uhh not much, why? Everything is fine between us so it's just been the odd conversation or friendly meet up

sunshine: he seemed... different, he's living on top floor of D.STORE bakery and he might be working at the bar? I'm not sure but somethings very off...

fuck u: uh hey did you just forget you added me here? yeah, i live at the bakery now and i'm a stripper not that any of you pussies would need to know that but i'm having a sick ass time with moonbin and i'm feeling a lot better about myself so yeah, that's all and i'd appreciate if you'd stop insinuating i'm some sort of freak because i actually have feelings okay bye xoxoxo

shua💙: Minghao I didn't want it to sound rude, I'm happy you're more confident now even if your profession choice is a bit questionable, be safe

fuck u: K

vern: seriously hao, you do what makes you happy but please don't do anything stupid, we do care

fuck u: thanks vernon, i know what i'm doing and i'm enjoying it, maybe you could come visit me sometime ;)

bub: careful

fuck u: a platonic lap dance???

bub: i really hope you're joking

fuck u: yeah don't worry, we can meet up soon though

bub: good, don't make me do something that gets me selected for odera and we're fine