75

Odera

"Hyung breakfast is ready I-" Chan burst into the oldest's room with his usual excitable morning attitude but was cut off when his eyes connected to the scene in front of him. Usually he'd find Seungcheol already dressed and doing morning stretches so he was used to just being able to barge in, unlike certain other rooms where he learnt very quickly that knocking was essential.

He clasped his hands over his mouth, giddily jumping up and down as his eyes darted between the pair. Meanwhile Seungcheol's eyes had widened, his brain sleepily trying to connect the events that lead him to the situation he was in before remembering it was completely innocent. He quirked a single eyebrow at the youngest, instantly shutting him up.

"You tell anyone about this you're dead got it?" Seungcheol was very thankful it had been Chan that found him since he was the only one his 'big scary leader' act still worked on. From within his arms Jeonghan groaned at the sudden amount of noise, hair sticking out everywhere and face puffy because despite his wild thoughts, Seungcheol's presence had managed to calm him down enough so that he was able to get a decent sleep.

"Chan it's not what you think, stop grinning like that," Seungcheol sighed, "My lips are sealed," Chan replied, miming zipping his mouth up with his fingers.

"Wait, Chan?" Jeonghan poked his head up finally. "Don't worry I won't say anything," He winked and left the room.

Ignoring the distraction, Seungcheol turned his head to meet Jeonghan's eyes, "Morning Hannie," He brushed some hair out of the younger's face, "Feeling better?"

"Y-Yeah thanks it was nothing,"

"You're such a bad liar, I saw you go towards Minghao's room last night," Seungcheol said calmly, he didn't want Jeonghan upset over nothing.

"Well yeah I guess I kind of found out he knew my friends and they all know about how I got here and it's just- It's just a lot." Seungcheol cooed sympathetically, "I just wish I could've been the one to tell them and explain myself,"

"Shh shh, don't worry about it now, you're too pretty to be so worried and also Mingyu has made pancakes again,"

"Choi Seungcheol you're unbelievable sometimes." It had become expected for Seungcheol to add in random compliments into his conversations with Jeonghan but it didn't really give off the desired effect since he always blushed as he said it far more than Jeonghan did.

When the pair came into the living area the regular chaos surrounded them. Despite most having just woken up they were all running riot. Mingyu was swatting Soonyoung's hand away from the pancakes Wonwoo was attempting to decorate "Hyung you're ruining our bonding moment." Mingyu whined, "You two do enough bonding trust me now let me have my food!" Soonyoung screamed back, seemingly trying to imitate the style of an angry anime character whilst failing miserably to kick himself out of Mingyu's grasp who was holding him back with all his mite to protect the precious pancakes as well as Wonwoo.

Jihoon had already fallen back to sleep on one of their couches, he was the only one who could even attempt to drift back to sleep while Soonyoung was being so energetic but of course he was very used to it by now.

For once Jun was sat quietly, stroking his cat and softly speaking to Minghao at the table while they waited for Wonwoo to finish his intricate pancake decorating.

"You going to tell them?" Chan popped up from beside the pair, whisper shouting his question and making them both jump. "Channie there is nothing to tell," Chan's eyes trailed to where the pair had their hands intertwined. When they noticed, Jeonghan was quick to pull his hand away.

Chan shook his head as he took his place at the table.

"Pancakes à la Wonwoo is served." Wonwoo said, finally coming out the kitchen with a pouty, "I made them!" From Mingyu in the background.

Each stack had a crudely drawn cat on it in chocolate syrup but Wonwoo looked very proud of his work despite his less than stellar art skills. Jeonghan smiled, it was nice to see both Wonwoo and Mingyu slowly growing together and pushing away the unnecessary hell they put each other through.

The table felt happy and alive, some were surprised to see even Minghao smile. It hadn't been long since he'd even joined their table to eat and yet he was already beginning to open up in his own way.

Even Jihoon had woken up, sleepily pressing the food to his mouth and chewing it as if it was an incredibly hard task as he drifted in and out of his slumber. It was most likely due to working hard late into the night the previous day - Soonyoung had quickly become aware of the way Jihoon would sneak a laptop under the covers of his bed to work on producing. However they still slept in their own beds, wanting to take things slow plus Soonyoung was sure he'd begin to get irritated if he had to sleep through Jihoon's perfectionist mumblings throughout the entire night.

"These are really good Gyu!" Soonyoung chimed, all his anger had melted away once he was able to get a full stomach. Their table was quite large but now accommodating nine people it started to feel slightly crowded.

"Can some of you move this lack of space is cramping my style?" Jun spoke up, currently being squashed between Minghao and Soonyoung.

"I vote Soonyoung because he tried to attack my pancakes." Wonwoo suggested.

"I vote Wonwoo because he tried to attack me for attacking his pancakes!" Soonyoung retorted, mouth full of pancake.

"Great that settles it, both of you out."

"This is against my rig- AAACK" Soonyoung screamed as Jun tried to pull his chair from under him. "I'm watching you kiddo," He glared before retreating to a beanbag. Wonwoo didn't see the issue, the whole reason they all sat together was because Seungcheol drilled into them how important it was that their dynamic stayed much akin to a family. Given the opportunity to go work in his room with a stack of pancakes sounded pretty good.

"Ah I can't take it anymore, Seungcheol and Jeonghannie hyung slept together!" Chan suddenly exclaimed, catching everyone off guard.

"Chan of all the ways you could've worded that..." Seungcheol sighed dejectedly while Jihoon had suddenly awoken and was absolutely howling. "Jun you owe me 30000₩." They heard Wonwoo shout from his room. "Shit!"

"EVERYONE SHUT UP WE DIDN'T I SWEAR!" Jeonghan blushed furiously, only making the chaos around the table worse.

'These kids sure are something'

-
I think you all deserve a chapter where nothing weird or intense happens so I hope you've enjoyed the light hearted pancake fun while you still can.