94

Odera

[Chapter contains distressing content]

Minghao woke up in a daze, his lower half in pain and a strange feeling around his neck. Sensitive to the light, he kept his eyes shut as he tried to sit up when he noticed he couldn't. He wondered what happened the night before, remembering the bar but not much else. Craning his head in sleepy confusion, he felt a breath on his ear.

"Move and you're dead."

His eyes flung open at the ominous statement, it was a voice he recognised but not one from the house. Minghao gazed upon on the face before him and instinctively went to scream. It had to be a dream, he was in his own room but there was a gun pointed to his head and someone he never thought he'd see again was staring back at him.

A hand was clasped over his mouth before he could make a sound, reactions still slow from whatever substances he'd taken the previous night. "The door is locked, it's early in the morning. You're going to answer my questions and then I'm going to blow your brains out on this carpet." The voice said bitterly, it tried to be threatening but more than anything it sounded scared.

A million thoughts were rushing through Minghao's head as the boy before him stared at him expectantly, he nodded blindly. Minghao thought could probably overpower the boy in his usual state, he noted how the younger only used one hand to hold the gun to him, other arm limp with an ugly scar brandishing the inner crease of his arm but when Minghao's head was pounding and his heart was beating so fast, he could do nothing but comply. The boy's face looked awful, old soft smile replaced with devoid eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"H-How did you find me?" Minghao asked, arms clasped around himself, trying his best to talk softly.

"I had a little friend follow your truck, told him a few white lies, he texted the address and now we're here. That's not important."

Gun still pointed at him, he watched as the familiar face moved slightly away from him, "Now I know you're probably not all here after the drugs but I'm sure you're used to that, right? Taking pills and leaving a fucking kid to find you." The boy spat, arm shaking. Minghao gulped, he wanted desperately to cry, he knew that meant Sanha found him which never wanted.

"I-I didn't think-"

"Of course you didn't think, you never thought. You just fucking rocked up one day and decided to stay because Moonbin and Jinjin took pity on your pathetic ass and now look, one of them is missing and the other one is six feet under because of you."

"How do you know about that?" Minghao asked tentatively, both of them shaking now, emotions high and expectant one would do something they'd regret. "Because I was there, in the shadows crying because I'd just watched my best friend die in my arms and then all of a sudden I see these lights. I-I ran away because I was fucking terrified and then what do I hear? You, you and your sick fuck new friends getting rid of your tracer in your dead friend's arm. How fucked up is that?"

"I swear, I-I had to, I didn't want to risk their lives and Jinjin he-"

"Shut the fuck up already!" The gun was cocked, tilted to the side like in a gangster movie because the younger really had no idea what he was doing on a technical level.

"Stop trying to make excuses, you tried to kill yourself once already, why do you look so fucking scared?" Minghao's lip quivered, he was right, he wasn't worthy of living. Being in Odera had made him forget that but he was still pathetic, pathetic, pathetic-

A loud bash on the door broke the atmosphere, all the screaming clearly waking someone up. "Minghao what the fuck is going on in there?"

"He's not coming out, I don't know who you are but this kid killed my friend."

"No, calm down, your friend is alive." The voice Minghao recognised as Mingyu's came, trying his best to be relaxed. "What? No- you're lying, that's impossible I saw him, I saw you-" The boy's gun lowered slightly as he thought it over. "He's with one of us, please, whoever you are just breathe and come out, we're not going to do anything if you don't hurt Minghao." Mingyu spoke slowly and carefully through the door.

"Bring him here." He said, empty, holding on to some false hope that this was all a joke or a dream even, he'd wake up one day and everything would be back.

Mingyu complied, Minghao shaking as he waited. He had to be lying but why? Surely that'd make him more angry but it didn't matter to him, he deserved to die.

Everything was happening so fast he was just trying to breathe but he felt like he couldn't with the icy metal itching at his skull.

"He's here." The boy opened the door with the gun raised to it, it was risky but he held innocent hope it'd be Jinjin. He flung the door open and a shrill scream met him as Sanha saw the gun pointed directly at him, Jeonghan, who was holding him by his shoulders, instantly pushing him away from the door. "R-Rocky?" Jeonghan said as the boy stood there in a mix of confusion and distress. Sweat ran down his brow, "Jeonghan why are you- what is going on?"

"Put the gun down, we can talk about this." Mingyu said, he didn't have a clear idea of what the situation he was dealing with was but what he did know was he wasn't too fond of the gun now pointed directly at Jeonghan's head. 

"You lied to me! You lied again, you said they'd stolen something from you!" Sanha cried, seemingly unfazed by the deadly weapon.

Painful tears streamed down Rocky's eyes, he wasn't cut out for this, all this hatred that had gone unnoticed. Mingyu took his moment of weakness and didn't hesitate to disarm him, the gun was never cocked so he knew it was safe enough, Rocky couldn't even fight back against the strong arm that met his.

He didn't react to the way Mingyu instantly pointed the gun at him instead, crumpling to the floor as Sanha's screaming became muffled in his ears.

"We're all going to sit down and we're going to fucking talk, I don't know what's going on but don't you dare come in here and fuck with my friends." Mingyu spat, too angry to care for the distressed state the stranger was in.

Rocky was a complete mess of emotions but the vicious words angered him, he didn't care anymore. He launched up and grabbed the gun in Mingyu's hands.

The rest of the house woke up to the sound of an all too familiar bang that reverberated it's way around the four walls.

𝐒𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭│𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐚𝐮 ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें