71

Healina

"Seokmin?"

"...Seokmin?"

"Seokmin!"

Seokmin's head flung up from his desk, "Oh no, what did I miss?" He said, observing his surroundings to find himself in class. "More like what didn't you miss, you've been pretty spaced out in these past few lessons and this time you've just fallen asleep!"

After a drawn out yawn he apologised to the girl beside him, relaxing his face into a smile, "Sorry Bohee, things have been pretty crazy," The girl pouted, "You're taking a course on health care, maybe you should read some of your notes for yourself and get some damn sleep!" The girl scolded cutely.

She was a bright girl with blonde hair pulled up into two childish bunches with all sorts of colourful clips littering it, when Seungkwan saw her when picking Seokmin up from class one day he declared it looked as if someone had poured a bowl of fruit cereal on it and he wasn't wrong but her cheerful smile allowed her to pull it off. Her clothes were a similar amount of colourful, adorned with various badges and pastel tones but probably most enchanting were her bright blue eyes.

Seokmin's course was mixed ages so she took it upon herself to care for the younger boy's wellbeing ever since she'd claimed the empty seat next to him. Her fashion was definitely more eccentric compared to most in Healina.

"I'll get some sleep, I promise," He said, giving her another bright smile. From looking around the room he had established they were meant to be doing some pair activity which is why Bohee's high pitched voice wasn't completely disrupting the class. "So what are we meant to be doing?" He asked, "Hmm, I'll only tell you if you tell me how things are going with Joshua," She said, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.

Yes, even Bohee who was never around the boys managed to discover Seokmin's overbearing crush on Joshua, it was that obvious. Seokmin threw his head in his hands and groaned in an absolutely awful attempt to hide the blush on his cheeks. "The same as always I guess? We spend so much time together, I've dug myself so deep into the friend-zone I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit the earth's core soon!" He exclaimed, maybe a bit too loudly but everyone else was busy doing the ever so thrilling task of discussing strengths and weaknesses of research methodologies in sampling data.

With such a fun and interesting topic the professor did quirk an eyebrow when he heard a laugh from Bohee but decided that because it was her he wasn't going to question it. "Bro you're hopeless. Hmm, I know! You should make him jealous! And I can help, oh please can I play one of those evil women you read about in books that try and steal away a lover for themselves and then there's always a cute plot twist ending where I end up devastated with my plans completely ruined?!"

"Woah woah, calm down, I don't think that'll be necessary. Also no offence but you don't exactly strike me as the type of person to do that," Seokmin chuckled, despite how emotionally exhausting the past months had been, he was happy to speak to such a pure soul away from all the madness.

"Aww fine but I do want to meet him though! He sounds super nice," She chimed, eventually giving in and telling Seokmin what they were actually meant to be doing once he agreed. It didn't really make much of a difference though since the bell promptly went for the start of lunch. "Oopsie, sorry we didn't get any work done but the time has come, take me to Joshua!" She proclaimed, pointing towards the door childishly, how this woman had lived 21 years of life and carried the energy of a 10 year old Seokmin didn't know.

"Hey Seok, who's this?" Joshua asked, sitting down at their usual bench in the courtyard. "I'm Bohee, wonderful to meet you!" She gleamed. Vernon and Seungkwan were yet to come to the table so she just sat down in the space next to Seokmin. "Nice to meet you too," Joshua smiled, polite as ever.

Both boys unpacked their food, figuring the other pair were probably just stuck in the cafeteria queue. Bohee however had her elbows resting on the table with a big grin, eyes darting between both Seokmin and Joshua as if it was the most entertaining romance drama she'd ever watched.

Slightly unnerved by the staring, Joshua decided to strike up a conversation, "So you've had your ceremony too, how old are you?" He asked, "I'm 21, born the 4th October!" She replied, her face turning to slight confusion when both boys looked back at her shocked. "What is it?" She asked, "Funny coincidence, one of our old friends was born on the same day," Joshua said, unable to hide the slight sadness in his voice.

"Oh I'm sorry- Hello!" She greeted, cutting off mid-sentence to greet the two boys approaching the table. "Hello...?" Seungkwan asked tentatively, eyes darting to Seokmin as to telepathically ask what she was doing there. "Seungkwan, right? I sit next to Seokmin in our course so I thought it'd be nice to get to know some of you guys!" She said, Seungkwan couldn't help but smile back; her bright energy was welcome where himself and Seokmin had  been too tired to uphold it themselves.

"Who is this?" She asked, pointing at Vernon who was stood quietly beside his boyfriend, "This is Vernon, my boyfriend," Seungkwan said, "Oh my god that's so cute! You look so lovely together," She commented as they sat down.

The five talked for the rest of lunch, having a guest at their table seemed to lift everyone's spirits a little more which was much appreciated, especially by one of them.

When the bell rang Joshua made sure to pull Seokmin aside, "Where have you been hiding her, Seok I think this is a sign!" He said, overly gleeful which worried Seokmin slightly, "Shua what are you getting at here?"

"Come on, the blonde hair, the kindness and positivity, that tiny bit of mischief, even the birthday! She's my new angel, do you think I have a chance with her?"

Hong Joshua was an idiot.

All the colour drained from Seokmin's face, he wasn't expecting that. He wanted to laugh because of the irony of it all but most of him just wanted to cry. "Whatever, Josh," He said coldly, slipping away to his lesson.

'He never calls me Josh.'

"Boheeee," Seokmin whined as he practically fell onto his desk for the next period, "Joshua's lost it, he said he likes you and-"

"Sorry what?! He's known me for a half hour also I'm a massive lesbian so he can have fun with that," She cut him off, "Something tells me his feelings are misguided, oh how the plot thickens!" She excitedly clasped her hands together, accidentally ignoring the fact Seokmin looked completely devoid of all emotion.

"Chin up Seok, he'll realise eventually," She said in a voice much softer than her usual high energy tone once she'd noticed the pure look of depression. He accepted the hug the girl was offering but soon turned to his work once again.

'Joshua you idiot.'