60

Healina

"He-he's... what?" Seungkwan managed to stutter out, "Yes, dead." The man at his door, emotions unwavering, replied, "You and a certain Vernon Chwe were his last contacts so I'm here to inform you, do not weep."

Seungkwan dropped to his knees, 'no no no, this is all wrong' "It is weak to weep for a traitor, see it that you chin up or you'll have no place here when the time comes."

Tears streaming unstoppably, Seungkwan didn't even listen to the harsh words thrown at him. When the door slammed shut he was snapped back into reality, scrambling up to find his phone. "Vern-non... Hao He's," Vernon heard his boyfriend's deep sobs from the end of the line, instantly replying, "I'm coming." Before hanging up to get there as soon as possible.

It took 15 minutes for the younger to arrive, lightly panting with adrenaline pumping, he didn't know what was wrong but Seungkwan was his axis, him hurt or upset was earth shattering for Vernon. He found his boyfriend curled up on his bedroom floor, hugging his knees so tight to his chest it looked like they might push right through.

Vernon instantly ran to his side, cradling the sobbing boy in his arms, "Baby what's wrong?" He asked cautiously, lifting his chin up and scanning his eyes, "It's Hao he... he killed himself," Seungkwan managed to splutter out which left Vernon nothing but stunned, not able to bring himself to cry because he simply didn't believe it.

"No it can't be, who told you?" Vernon said, scrambling for some sort of answer, "T-There was a man and he... he was from Pledis b-because they handle all the... suicides there but h-he was so... horrible about it and-"

"Shhh, shh it's okay," Vernon tried his best to comfort Seungkwan, stroking his hair whilst his brain tried to work through this new information. "How about we go to the bakery and try get some information later, okay? This doesn't make any sense," Seungkwan nodded in his arms.

The pair spent a few hours trying to calm down but it didn't really help much, Vernon still refusing to believe it and Seungkwan feeling tremendously guilty even if he was in no mind to admit it out loud. They eventually built up the energy to walk there, unaware of the added confusion it would bring.

Upon the storefront was a giant red 'X' in graffiti paint, clashing unceremoniously with the soft pastels of the bakery. The pair approached the window and it was... empty. The shell of the building they had been to just a few days prior made them question if it had all existed in the first place, "Vernon... what-"

"I don't know." Vernon hated not knowing, having a good knowledge of his surroundings was key to his relaxed nature but the striking event made him begin to deteriorate from the inside out. "I just- I really don't know..." For the first time, Vernon began to cry which triggered Seungkwan to join, holding each other outside the bakery and sobbing into their shoulders because what else was there to do? A person they were so enamoured by, that they were confused by, sometimes scared of but always there, present, a friend was no longer.

Joshua was studying as usual, star maps and books scattered across his room while he tried to block out the sound of Seokmin singing the same few lines of a song over and over again a few feet away from him.

He was snapped out of it when a buzz came from his phone from a surprising contact, Mrs. Yoon.

Hannie's mum: Have you seen my son?

It read plain and simple but left an uneasy feeling in Joshua's stomach; where he usually would've avoided interrupting his study session further he made an exception.

Joshua: No, anything wrong?

Hannie's mum: His shift at that little bakery he works at ended six hours ago and I can't get in contact with him, sorry to worry you he just looks up to you so much I thought there may be a small chance he was with you

There was no chance.

When Minghao was found, sprawled out half dead on the floor, by Moonbin his instant reaction to call an ambulance. 45 Minutes later the paramedics arrived, but then came Pledis officials. It didn't take too long for their operation to be uncovered as all five workers were sent away just like Minghao but under worse conditions. Poor Sanha was so lost and scared, the others ashamed for even letting him work with them in the first place.

Merciless.

Joshua: He's 15, you'll find him soon enough