69

Odera

"It feels like I haven't hung out with you forever," Soonyoung said, kissing Jihoon's jaw whilst he was trying to work in his studio. "You literally haven't detached your pathetic ass from me since you forced me into this," Jihoon replied with a cold tone.

"Forced you, sure," Soonyoung grinned, Jihoon deciding the best way to shut him up being to push him onto the adjacent couch, "Quit it dumbass, I'm trying to work on a song," he said, returning back to his computer screen with an undisguisable blush.

"How did it go with the new kid?" Jihoon asked, trying to have a normal conversation for once. "Well, he's really good but I'm not sure I fully trust him,"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean why is he here? No one ever explained it to me, this kid just falls off a train with a tracker that means we literally have to go seek out a dead body and do all that shit and now everyone just accepts he's here?" Soonyoung questioned, his playful mood replaced with one of concentration. "I don't know, he doesn't look like a threat at all that's for sure," Jihoon commented, more focused on his work than his boyfriend.

"Yes but there's something about him that's bothering me..." Soonyoung continued, unable to make anything make complete sense. "Why don't you just talk to him then, aren't you guys going to dance this afternoon?" Jihoon asked, by afternoon he meant around 10pm because god knows no one in that house could be bothered to wake up before 10am other than Mingyu and Chan who seemed to just constantly have ridiculously high energy.

"Yeah I guess, I'll pick it up with him but only if you stop ignoring me you cretin," Soonyoung declared, Jihoon rolling his eyes for the umpteenth time, "Who even uses cretin anymore you weirdo?"

"Me now silence," Soonyoung said, squishing his boyfriend's face into his chest, "I really can't stand you."

"Why did I agree to this, I can't feel my lower body," Jun panted after one of Soonyoung's fiery dance sessions, "You agreed to this five years ago now, come on Jun where's your spirit!" Soonyoung boomed, backed up by a powerful "Yeah!" By Chan who was just as pumped up, Minghao was also a little tired but didn't feel comfortable enough to complain.

"Cool, snack time kids," Soonyoung clapped, proceeding to rifle through his bag for some food for everyone. He handed out some sandwiches and water, the last one he gave it out to was Minghao, "Fancy a chat, I feel like we don't know each other that well," He smiled a friendly smile, "I-I guess," Minghao replied.

"So what's up with you, I don't get why you're here I'll be honest it's kind of hard to form a trusting bond when I don't know anything about you," Soonyoung said casually biting into his sandwiches, unbeknownst to him the trigger in Minghao he'd just caused.

The colour drained from his face as he tried to stutter out his words, 'He doesn't trust you, know one trusts you, why would they? You're untrustworthy of course you are and distrust leads to hate, Seungkwan hates you, the rest of them hate you especially Vernon and now you've just moved onto your next victims,' Minghao tried shutting off his thoughts but it was hard to form a sentence, "Soonyoung I-"

"What the fuck did you ask him jesus, give the kid a break," Jun piped up, seeing the look of distress. "I just asked him how he got here," Soonyoung said with hands surrendered. "Woah, it's okay don't worry kid, you don't have to tell me anything," Jun just shook his head as he watched Soonyoung try to recover "I'm going to have to look out for this one for a while huh," He said under his breath, of course he was the only one that had seen the note, the real reason he was here.

He was extremely thankful no one had asked any questions that day, Seungcheol did try confirm that it was really alright and Minghao wasn't dangerous but didn't push to find out any real reason. Maybe his housemates did trust him more than he first thought. It wasn't like he knew any sort of detail in fact he'd rarely spoken to the boy past that first day but it did fill him with a weird need to protect him even if by the amount of glares he got from the younger he was thought Minghao's feelings towards him were obscured.

"Look Soons just eat your sandwich and shut up," Jun said, tired of listening to his attempt to recover some sort of conversation when Minghao was absently staring at the floor and Chan was in his own little world since he'd had his headphones in and had been swaying to the song they had just been dancing to the whole time.

Minghao and Jun's eyes connected for a second, Minghao's way of saying a silent and yet still standoffish 'thank you'.

Right on time the door to their studio opened revealing Jihoon swinging his car keys around his finger. "JIHOONIE!" Soonyoung exclaimed, sickeningly giddy at the awkward air being broken as he tackled the younger. "J-Jesus Soons stop, all of you go get in the car, only Soonyoung in the front so I can murder him in peace," The three boys complied, grabbing their stuff and leaving the pair alone in the room.

Jihoon finally allowed himself to hug back, "I missed you," He said, the words muffling into Soonyoung's clothes. "You only like me when you're tired or hungry huh? Don't make the others wait you big baby," Soonyoung cooed affectionately at the little grumble that emitted from Jihoon but it was understandable that the three others would've been less than pleased with being left outside in the cold while Jihoon got all cuddly.

"Did you find out anything about Minghao?" Jihoon asked once they'd got in the car, "No, he got really weird and quiet when I asked him so I don't know really whether we should trust him or not," Both too tired to remember the small sheet of glass wasn't thick enough to stop the people in the back of the truck from hearing. Jun's eyes shot towards Minghao who had instantly retracted into his shell, the boy that had come considerably far in showing some sort of personality completely fading away.

Jun decided he was the one who had to get to the bottom of this whether Minghao liked him or not.