91

Odera

"I can't believe I agreed to this." Minghao said, eyes scanning the heavy club scene in disbelief, the bar back in Healina looked like a church compared to this place, an intoxicating smog of alcohol and sweat permeating the air.

A heavy hand was slapped on his back, he looked to his side to see Jun wearing a huge grin."What do you want to drink Hao?" He asked, "Coke."

Junhui frowned and pushed him slightly, "Boring, I'll order and you help the rest of the guys set up. Myungjun gives us free drinks when we perform so feel free to ask for anything else." Minghao nodded and threaded through the crowds of young adults to a backstage area.

"So Hao I heard you're finally going to pay me back?" Wonwoo said, struggling with his light makeup since Jeonghan wasn't there. "No, I just want to check it out." He said assertively, realistically Wonwoo was never getting that money off of him.

"You have to dance with us!" Soonyoung then exclaimed from behind him, making the younger jump. "Let me just relax okay, I'll think about it but I just want to have a look." Minghao noted how their personalities seemed to be amplified in this environment, he did find it rather impressive that Soonyoung was willing to change the entire set just to get him to dance but he only agreed to a maybe because he knew if he didn't Soonyoung wouldn't shut up.

He found a corner to watch everything happen for a while until Jun came back with his drink. "Thanks." Minghao took a sip and instantly recoiled at the flavour. "Did you spike my drink, what the fuck?"

"Well you said coke, you clearly just forgot to say 'vodka and'." Jun smirked, taking a sip of his own drink. Minghao rolled his eyes but accepted it anyway out of pure laziness, one wouldn't hurt right?

It's true that one wouldn't hurt but by the time the boys had completed three performances he was on his next drink and Junhui was giggling at how Minghao's cheeks were reddening, him also being on his third.

Minghao wasn't properly drunk, still coherent just his judgement may have been a little skewed since when an extremely sweaty Soonyoung came to try and make him dance he actually agreed, the energy of the place absorbing him. "Holy shit yes, okay, Chan go tell Jihoon, Jun get him ready we are doing this!" He exclaimed.

He'd be lying if he said he hadn't missed the energy of the crowd, this one a lot bigger than his usual audience of no more than twenty in the old bar now turned into around a hundred, maybe more. He was able to keep up with the other three and he smiled as he saw people drunkenly trying to follow along or vibe with the music. Although drunk enough to give him a light buzz, he prided himself in being a heavy weight drinker so his movements still managed to be perfectly in time, he'd had a lot of practice with half drunk dancing.

"Come on, you have to do your show after that." Jun said, sweating from the bright lights and high energy, "Some burlesque shit after all that dancing would make the crowd go wild!" He poked Minghao's sides encouragingly but wore an innocent smile.

"Two more drinks and I'll consider it," Minghao said, approaching the bar. "I'll join you." Jun commented. After only those two drinks Myungjun was refusing to serve them, an oddly guilty look on his face. They thought it was strange but soon they found themselves both unable to think at all, they figured it must've just been strong stuff. The other boys were busy, wrongfully trusting the pair to handle themselves, giggling their way backstage.

"I'm ready!" Minghao exclaimed uncharacteristically loudly, filing through the bags to try and find an outfit. Jihoon looked down at him with a grimace, "No you are not, not in this state." Minghao frowned at him but it soon tuned into a grin, "You're no fun, we barely had anything." He said, slurring his words and attempting to boop Jihoon's nose but missing and poking his cheek.

Jihoon huffed angrily. "No way, Jun you should've known better than this. I was willing to entertain your little scheme but not when he's barely coherent!" Jun just shrugged at his disgusted look. "If you'll excuse me, I've got a job to do. You two stay here and sober up a little, I'll shout at you in the morning." Jihoon was pretty pissed, Jun was never usually that reckless on the nights they worked but apparently Minghao just had that affect on him.

They both nodded dumbly as Jihoon left, Minghao opting to drape himself over a vanity while Jun took up the couch. They looked at each other with childish smiles and started giggling at nothing. "You know what's funny?" Minghao slurred, "No."

"I don't even feel drunk, I'm just horny." Or at least he said some version of that, stumbling over all his words as Jun laughed loudly until the giggling died down and Jun approached the younger, biting his lip in a daze and soaking in dilated pupils. It all happened very fast, neither of them new quite how the atmosphere managed to shift.

Mere minutes later Minghao was being sloppily pinned up against the vanity, neither of them coherent enough to recognise what was going on, just two bodies, intoxicated. "So hot" Jun seethed, taking the time to lick and bite at the younger's body. Minghao replied with a languid moan, arching his back at the sensation.

The night went as expected, it was Wonwoo who had the unfortunate reality of finding them, passed out and half naked. "Just couldn't help yourself could you." He sighed, he'd seen Jun in this state before so it didn't bother him too much but it was the fact he was with Minghao that he knew would probably spell disaster. The two gave each other an outlet and if that was taken away who knows where they'd turn, and this close to the ceremony? He didn't want to think about it.

He begrudgingly cleaned them both up before the others could see, he'd always looked out for Jun but this was definitely pushing his limits. It was best not to overthink it, maybe they'd realise their mistake and forgive each other. They were all adults of course, well, not really but definitely kids that had grown up too fast so hopefully they could handle it, he really hoped so at least.

The bar had died down when the sun began to rise, presence of the seven boys long gone. "Did you really have to drug them both?" A tired voice said, usual energetic nature replaced with end of the night tiredness not helped by the especially strange task he reluctantly performed.

"I wanted to be sure." A second voice replied coldly, wiping up an empty glass.

"You've changed, kid."

"People change when bad things happen to them, Myungjun." With that their short conversation was over, they used to be able to talk so easily, it hurt the older to see his long lost friend be so hollow.