26

Healina

The five boys peered down at their menus, Seokmin instantly knew what he was getting. Ever since they were little he had ordered the same pizza, Joshua usually had the same meal as well but this time he spoke up, "I'm going to have the pasta Han used to get, funny how in all that time spent I never once tried a bite," The comment made Seokmin feel slightly awkward due to his belief Joshua was comfortable without Jeonghan but it was clear there were a few loose ends.

"Kwan and I are having hamburgers," Vernon said without even having to ask the younger what he wanted, already aware he'd spend the next 15 minutes looking over the menu only to order his favourite.

For Minghao everything seemed unappetising, what do you eat when you've just been kicked out of your house?

"I'll have that big ass sundae." He said bluntly, pointing to the most extravagant and overpriced dessert on the menu.

Everyone looked at him slightly strangely but Vernon just shrugged and said okay.

"So Minghao..." Joshua began, wanting to establish some sort of friendship with the younger but not exactly knowing where to start, "How have you been?" He went with, deciding small talk would be the best, he was wrong.

"How do you think? Fucking awful if I'm honest," The younger replied with a small grin. He was dressed in a long black cloak with a neon belt and earrings which made him stand out completely from the light and fluffy aura of Pinwheel, his attitude reflected the same.

"Well... I for one hope you feel a bit better soon, Vernon is a capable kid," He forced a smile back.

"Shua stop trying to sound like my dad just because he's a little different, this is too painful to listen to," Vernon suddenly said, he was usually very passive but it agitated him seeing his friend so clearly uncomfortable with the situation despite the fact he was trying.

"You know what? I'll also have that big ass sundae." Joshua said, shocking everyone around him, not only was it strange for him to use such terminology but he looked like he had taken a complete 180, he knew what it meant for Vernon to get annoyed at him.

"You sure, hyung?" Seokmin said, worried about what this all meant. Joshua nodded confidently "A strawberry one."

The waiter was a little disgruntled at the strange array of mains ordered by the group but smiled none the less since it was her job, they also ordered beer and wine to celebrate the addition of Minghao to their small family.

"Gosh, how did I get here after accepting some fucking cookies? I went from painting in my room to going out to Pinwheel of all places with two gross couples," He faked a shiver and looked around to see everyone mildly awkward.

Seokmin quickly waved his hands, "Shua and I we're not..." Joshua's cheeks flushed slightly red which confused him a bit like when they were leaving for the restaurant, when Jeonghan was around he would've just laughed it off, was he changing?

"Oh okay sure Jan."

Brushing that off they continued their conversations and Minghao found himself beginning to get comfortable, pushing the chaotic events to the back of his head since his pain seemed to be dying down.

Eventually their food arrived, Joshua was slightly regretful of his out of character impulsive choice because Minghao was definitely right in saying this was a big ass sundae. He looked over to the younger to see his eyes gleaming at the desert in front of him, a bit confusing for someone so slim but he shrugged it off and began eating his ice cream.

The night went well until Seokmin and Seungkwan had started up their usual antics, setting up a game of volleyball across the round table much to the displeasure of the staff. It had a net comprised of two wine glasses tied together with a piece of string they stole off the table's centrepiece and a ball made of tightly scrunched up napkin.

The teams were split up into Joshua and Seokmin vs Minghao, Vernon and Seungkwan and it was a wild match for the time it lasted; screaming and clapping filled the restaurant and they were getting various stares but Minghao's presence triggered a change in the dynamic so they didn't care.

The scores were tied at match point and each team had two sets, they were going off their own rules so this final one would decide it, it was Minghao's serve, throwing the balled up napkins and tapping it over the net (it was a miracle they hadn't sent the wine glasses flying by knocking the net), Seokmin was able to hit it back and a desperate back and forth was created until a hand intercepted it and Seungkwan let out a loud groan he had held in due to the intensity of the match.

The five looked up to see a very unimpressed restaurant manager holding their makeshift volleyball. He pointed sharply at Joshua noting his blue eyes, "I'd expect better from you, I must ask you to leave the premises immediately, you're disturbing our guests." Everyone fell silent but then Minghao started laughing which sparked the others to laugh with him.

"You heard him," Vernon said, really impressed his two hyungs had taken this easily, especially Joshua.

The five exited the restaurant arm in arm, maybe a little tipsy from the alcohol, "I've never done anything like that in my life," Joshua said exasperatedly.

For the first time since December all five of them were happy and content, they needed this, this time together.