Family means everything

Niyah's POV

"Nice to see you too bro" I said pulling my suitcase passed him into the house

"Nice to see you too bro" I said pulling my suitcase passed him into the house. "This I nice house took me a long time to find though and those security guards are really rude taking bout I can't threw the gate if I ain't on the visitors list" I said looking around. Jordan closed the front door and followed me into the living room.
Jordan's POV
"I repeat what are you doing here and how did you get threw the gate" I said trying to hide my blunt behind my back. "Can't I visit my only brother and his beautiful girlfriend and nigga I know you smoke you ain't got to hid from me" she said crossing her arms with a smile on her face. "Hey watch your month" I said taking my hand away from my back. "Where's mom" I asked. "I'm hungry where the food at" she said finding her way to the kitchen. "I know you heard me I said where mom at" I said following her to the kitchen. "Not here" she said opening the fridge. "They ain't shit in there" I said sighing. "Well then let's get some food" she said closing the fridge. "Ight we can go pick up Diamond from the nail salon and go together" I said grabbing my car keys.

*********

Diamond spotted my car and walked towards it. She opened the passenger door and sat down. "Hey bae" she said as she leaned in and kissed me. "Hey" I said. Niyah coughed twice in the back seat. Diamond turned around sharply and paused in shock. "Niyah What a surprise what you doing here" she said leaning to hug her. "Why didn't you tell me she was coming Jordan" she said turning towards me and crossing her arms. "Because I didn't know myself... anyways let's go get some food" I said as I started the car. We went threw the Popeyes drive thru. "They forgot my drink" said Niyah "Imma go get it" she added then left the car. As soon as the door closed Diamond turned towards me crossing her arms and looking at me with a serious face. "Jordan I love you sister but what is going on here" she said. "I honestly don't know she was just at the door with luggage" I said. "So your 16 year old sister flew herself over here and found your address and just showed up at our door without her mom where is she" she said eating a handful of fries. "I don't know where she is and when I asked Niyah she started acting weird" I said sipping my drink. "Then fucking call her do you even know how long she staying here you can't just go with the flow like you ain't no responsible for a teenager" she said loudly but not shouting. "You think I ain't call her I been calling her she ain't picking up the fucking phone and Niyah ain't finna tell me shit either" I said irritated. "Are y'all okay" said Niyah getting back into the car. "Yeah we good let's just go back home now" I said. Once we got home I showed Niyah to one of the spare rooms. "Damn this shit so big it look like the master bedroom" she said looking around. "Did I Not day watch your mouth" I said. "Sorry bro bro" she said sitting down on the bed unpacking her stuff. I walked out and Diamond was standing in the hallway "I'm going to talk to her" she said "maybe she'll talk to me". I nodded and went downstairs.
Diamond's POV
"You can come in" she called out. I walked into the room and she was unpacking her stuff. It wasn't just clothes and hair products. It was stuff that looked like it came from her room. Pictures, fairy lights and a big letter 'N' that you put on the wall. "Niyah I think you know why I'm in here" I said sitting on the edge of her bed. She sighed and sat down next to me. "I know I figured I wouldn't be able to push past this" she said "It just stuff is way harder to say to Jordan he acts like my father". "But I hope you know you can talk to me I'm the way calmer version" I said smiling and she laughed. "My mom lost all our money she spent it all on some nigga, mind my language, then when we lost the house she said we was finna go live with him and i didn't want to but I knew I had no choice so I did but Diamond I couldn't stay there he treated me like shit and he treated my mom like shit too I don't know why she so wrapped up on him I think it's because she spent it all on him and now if she leaves him she'll have nothing" she said lowly playing with her fingernails. I had a feeling in my stomach because it was sounding a familiar to me just with a few differences. "And then me and my mom started getting at it she would never listen to me and we lost our close relationship. One day we had another argument and I said I was finna leave there and come here to live with Jordan and she didn't care so I did" she continued. It was silent for a few seconds. "He didn't put his hands on you did he?" I asked. "Nah if he did I would have fought that nigga" she said I giggled lightly. "Well I definitely don't want you to go back and trust me I could relate you can stay here for as long as you need but we are going to have to get you into a school and do all that shit" I said. She nodded and I hugged her "imma go tell Jordan i'll try not to make him made but we know how your brother is" I said smiling as I headed out the door. I went downstairs and Jordan wasn't there. I figured he was in the basement which he turned into his game room but it's okay because I got my spa room.

I went downstairs and he was sitting on the couch playing 2k

I went downstairs and he was sitting on the couch playing 2k. "Hey J" I said as I walked into the room. I grabbed a packet of Cheetos from the table and opened it. "Hey That was mine" he said still playing the game. "Well it's mine now we got plenty upstairs" I said sitting on the couch next to him. He played for a few more minutes then turned it off and turned towards me. I knew he was looking at me but I still looked at my phone. Suddenly he snatched the phone out my hand and put it on the coffee table. "Come here" he said holding my arm. I got up and sat on his lap. I already knew what he wanted to know. "Okay okay imma tell you just promise me you won't get mad" I said then kissed him on the cheek. "I can't make no promises" he said looking at me intensely. "Then I ain't telling you"I said eating another cheeto. "Hey stop playing with me what she say" he said trying grab my chips. "Hell nah nigga you can take my phone but you ain't taking food and I ain't telling you shit until you promise you won't get mad" I said. "Ight Ight I promise just tell me already" he said burying his face in my neck. I giggled because it tickled. "Well she told me that your mom got a boyfriend that she didn't like and so she left" I said. "Diamond I know that's not it" he said still kissing my neck. "Ight..... your moms boyfriend wasn't treating you sister right and your mom wasn't tryna listen to her and they got into it and she left" I said. He lifted his head and looked at me now. "Why couldn't the nigga to his house" he said looking not too angry. "He was...... your mom spent all her money on him and lost the house" I said quietly. He got up and put me on the couch kinda roughly. "So you mean to tell me that my mom went broke of some nigga that don't treat my sister right and let her leave" he shouted. "Boy you did not have to throw me like that" I said crossing my arms and screwing my face. "Diamond please I ain't got time for your petty problems right now" he shouted pacing back and forth with his head in his hands. "Don't be mad at me fuck did I do" I shouted standing up. "Diamond just please SHUT UP" he shouted. I threw my pack of Cheetos at him and walked out.
To be continued....