Chapter 17 (Rewritten)

You followed Eren and the other two down the long hallway, Hange explained to Eren what was going on and you watched Mike sniffed him and smirk. 

Before you knew it, you arrived at the courtroom. Hange grabbed your arm and pulled you towards the audience while Eren was tied to a pole in the middle of the court room. 

You noticed your friends Mikasa and Armin there and immediately tried to get their attention, but Hange stopped you. 

"That's not a good idea right now, Y/n. Just stay with me."

Giving them a saddened look, you nodded and stood where Hange was. 

And with that, the trial began. 

From what you heard, Eren was on trial for being a possible danger to humanity. Erwin and the rest of the Survey Corps are on his defense, saying he can possibly be useful. 

Which made sense, having a person who can transform into a titan is unheard of. Have it been considered to find a way to tame the titans? 

Eren could be the first step, who knows what could be in store for the future if possible. 

However, the military were not having it. 

Right as Mikasa was giving her statement as a witness, the accusations arose. 

"What if she's one too!?" 

Your eyes widened you noticed some of the military police men glaring daggers at Mikasa, your blood ran cold. 

"She has nothing to do with this! Leave her alone!" Eren yelled. You thought he was going to stop there, but knowing Eren, he liked to run his big mouth. 

"Everyone here is just saying whatever happens conveniently to them! But once you cut yourselves from reality, it's pointless."

Uh oh...

"You people have never seen a titan! So what are you so afraid of!?"

This is the first time you might have seen Eren so livid. 

"Just shut your mouths and invest everything with us!" he screamed. 

The whole courtroom fell silent. You swallowed thickly. 

"Stand ready!" You heard someone shout. 

Shit! They're gonna shoot! 

Your eyes widened, fearing of what was about to happen. 

Eren's face paled as guns were now getting pointed at him. You closed your eyes and braced for a gunshot noise. 

But that didn't happen.

Instead, Captain Levi appeared out of nowhere and walked towards Eren. 

Wait...what was he doing?

Suddenly, he swung his leg towards Eren's face. Kicking him hard. 

You saw something flew out of Eren's mouth. Was that his tooth!?

But he didn't stop there. Levi kicked him again, but this time in the stomach. 

He grabbed a hold of Eren's hair and kicked him square in the face. 

You were in shock. Everything was happening so fast, it was hard to comprehend. 

What was he doing!?

Eren coughed off blood and Levi slammed his foot down of Eren's head. 

"Personally, there is no better punishment than pain. And what you need boy is to be taught a lesson. And you happen to be in perfect kicking position."