Chapter 18 (Rewritten)

Hange rubbed your back soothingly, you had just finished vomiting into a bin. 

"Haa..." You were heavily embarrassed. 

Having the Section Commander stand by your side in a situation like this. 

'I'm sorry.'

"Don't apologize. I don't mind." They smiled slightly at you. 

"Do you need some water?" 

You nodded. 

"I'll make sure to get you some once we meet up with Commander Erwin and the others." Hange continued. 

"Hey, Y/n. Does your captain know he's pushing you too hard?" They asked. 

'I think he does.'

"And these flashbacks have been happening ever since you started your training?" They asked. 

You nodded again. 

'It's strange, I don't remember anything before living in Wall Maria.' 

"That is strange indeed. Were you possibly affiliated with thugs or something?" 

You shrugged. 

No, it wasn't thugs. 

It seemed more like, a military training camp. 

"I'll try talking to Commander Erwin. I'm worried about you, Y/n." 

"I don't want you to end up in a situation where you could end up getting hurt. Or losing your sanity for this." Hange placed a hand on your shoulder. 

"It's okay to live up to your expectations, but you can't be pushing yourself too hard for the sake. Is Captain Levi pressuring you? Or are you pressuring yourself."

You pointed to yourself. 

'I don't want to let everyone down. I don't want to let the Commander down.'

"You're not letting anyone down. You're doing great."

You smiled weakly at them before looking off to the side. 

You wanted to believe that, you really did. 

"Well if you ever need some advice. I'm here to help. By the way, your communication skills are improving. You're a natural!" They beamed at you. 

"Ha, ha..." You gave her a slightly offended look. 

Was that supposed to be a joke?

....

Eren was now sent free and put under the custody of the Survey Corps. He was now getting treated for his wounds by Hange while you sat beside him, head resting against the couch and holding onto your cup of water. 

You were spacing off into the distance, tuning out their conversation. 

"Does it hurt?" Hange asked. 

"Yeah." Eren replied. 

"Well, we were able to get you placed under our custody." Commander Erwin answered. 

Eren turned to you. 

"You alright? You look pale." 

"She's alright. Just shaken up from the whole experience. She didn't take you getting beaten up in the court room all too well. She was worried about you and...seeing that all happened brought back some bad memories." Hange explained, glaring at Captain while speaking. 

Captain noticed the glares but decided to say nothing in response. 

"But the way, I've been meaning to ask. Has Y/n ever acted strangely or did something that concerned you a bit?" Hange asked.