Chapter 53 (Rewritten)

Everyone froze. No one said a word. Their eyes were in complete shock of what just came out of your mouth. 

"Y-Y-Y-Y/n?" Eren asked in complete disbelief. 

You were also in shock. You didn't expect yourself to talk. 

Without any restraint or anything. 

Speaking of the restraint...you feel lighter. 

Like the invisible binds and chains, you wrapped yourself in, finally released you. 

But why now? You had so many chances to talk, yet why do you do it now!?

Maybe seeing the sea again was the closure you needed from your trauma?

Free to speak about it too. 

"You-...you talked..." Eren said, bringing you back to reality. 

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed. You still weren't able to comprehend what is going on!

"N-No..." You softly spoke in denial. Your eyes completely widened as you covered in mouth in shock. 

No...this is real. 

You're actually talking!!

"No way, this is real..." You spoke in a raspy voice. 

"Y/n...You talked...! YOU TALKED!" Eren loudly proclaimed, a smile slowly forming across his face. His eyes watered as he felt like he was going to crying. 

"How is this possible!? I thought something like this was usual permanent in a person!!" Armin said. 

"AAAAA! OUR LITTLE Y/N! SHE CAN TALK! SHE CAN TALK!" Hange squealed while wrapping their arms tightly around you. 

You allowed the tears to fall; you suddenly were filled with regret. You let out a sob and began to cry. 

Out of happiness and guilt. 

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry everyone." You apologized. 

"What are you even apologizing for!?" Hange asked. 

"I've been lying to you. Lying to all of you--!" your voice cracked. 

"Shhh...shhh...It's okay." Hange soothed you. 

"NO! It's not okay! None of you deserved it!" You tried to argue. 

"Enough about that! You're talking! This is the first time anybody has ever heard your voice! Let us sink that in first!!" Hange argued back. 

...

They were right. 

"Commander Ha-Hange, thank you. Am I saying that right?" You asked; hoping you didn't mess it up.

Hange was ambushed with emotions. 

"Who cares if you said it wrong! You still said it!! I'm sorry, my mind is racing right now. I just can't believe it!!" Hange cried out, hugging you again. 

"Y/n!" Sasha came in and toppled you back into the water. This caused Hange to let go and for you to let out a soft gasp. 

"Sasha!" Mikasa scolded. 

"Hey! Sasha! Be careful with her!" Armin said. You looked up and saw Armin's worried eyes looking down at her. 

"Armin! Mikasa! I-it's fine. Really!" Y/n reassured. 

Armin's and Mikasa's eyes widened as their eyes began to water a bit. They sucked in breath, completely not expecting you to say their names. 

Their shock was slowly replaced with a kind one as tears threatened to fall from their eyes.