Chapter 58 (Rewritten)

A/N: This chapter might get you into your feels. However, all the characters are alive and well in my other AOT fic so feel free to read if you like wholesome/funny slice of life.

Root TItan (symbolizes "root of all life"): A little info about the titan you possess, like the Tybur family, this titan is passed down through your family. Main abilities are being able to morph your body to adapt to any given environment to some extent (takes a lot of strain). Special ability is that it is emotionally connected to all Eldians. Giving you the ability to sense, feel, understand, and manipulate (to some extent) all of their emotions. So, no one can hide their true feelings from you. This makes you unaffected by the Founding's mind control to some extent (which is why you guys are enemies). More lore about it coming soon. 

 (Earlier before)

An unknown woman gasped for air under the rubble. Her ears ringing from the pain as she tried desperately to cling onto life. She stared up at the night sky, wondering if this was the last thing she would see. 

But something caught her attention, there, she landed her eyes on one titan. One titan, she knew well. 

"Y-Y/n...?" she asked.

----

"Today marked Eldian's long awaited revenge against the enemies who have caused us so many generations of pain and suffering. I remember that night being blurred, coming off some sort of euphoria. It felt so unreal. But this was only the beginning. It wouldn't be long before Marley responds to our attacks. I shouldn't be writing given my circumstances, but I must include what I remember now."

You wrote about everything that happened. You could feel the adrenaline wearing off as you took moments of pausing. You could occasionally feel Eren glancing at you, possibly impressed by your dedication.

Suddenly, you stopped. Why did this thought suddenly occur to you now? You let out a shaky chuckle.

"My mom..." you spoke.

"What?" This caught everyone in the room's attention.

"I think she might have been in the audience..."

No one dared to say anything else. Though you can tell some of them felt worse about the situation. Eren, on the other hand, you sensed had almost no regrets. You looked over at him.

You reached out your hand and poked his arm. Grabbing his attention. You glanced back at the others to make sure the others weren't paying attention before gesturing to a page in your drafted book.

There were a few words that were circled, revealing a secret message only you and Eren could understand. One of the ways of silent communication you two have developed together a while back.

This exchange went on for a little while. No one noticed the silent dispute you and Eren were having in the background. You only drew attention to yourself once you got up, your expression clearly upset. You began to walk out the room.

"Y/N, you shouldn't be walking."

"I'm fine, dammit! I–" you inhaled deeply to calm yourself down a bit.

"I'm fine, I just need to walk for a bit." you replied, not looking back to face the group.

Eren watched you leave. A moment of deep emotion flashed through his eyes before it faded back into being empty.

"Eren, you bastard. How can you be so selfish!?" you thought, feeling sick to your stomach as you tried to keep it together.

"Hey, Y/N! Come join the party!" Connie called you over.

You made your way over there, Jean quickly took notice of your expression.