Chapter 51 (Rewritten)

You got up from your chair, causing it to scrap across the floor. 

"Y/N?" Armin asked. 

'I'm fine, just have a headache.' You signed. 

"No, you don't." he replied back. 

It went quiet as you stared at Armin with a surprised expression. That response came in quick, he knew exactly you were lying. 

"Y/N? I can be honest with you." there was a shift in his tone. 

"Huh?" Eren asked, also noticing the shift in Armin's voice. 

"We've been friends long enough for me to know when you're lying. And hiding something."

Eren opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it as he realized Armin was onto something. 

You looked at Armin with a bewildered look, he grew flustered once he realized he took it too far. 

"Sorry, sorry. That sounded intrusive." Armin quickly apologized. 

"I just wanted to say, we're here for you Y/N. No matter what. It worries me that something's bothering you. It's fine if you don't want to elaborate. But just know, we're here. I'M--here..." Armin clarified. 

For a second, your facade cracked. The same expression you kept up for years faltered at that very moment. 

Armin noticed, which proved his theory to be right. You were hiding something. 

But you fixed yourself quickly, nodding towards Armin before taking a seat again. 

"All this information is making my brain hurt. I need a nap. (_ _|||)"

You fell back into your seat, covering your face with your hands. Your friends left you alone for a bit, but that didn't calm your worries. You tuned out their conversation, trying to settle in everything. 

"Dammit...everything hurts!" You thought, your head throbbing. 

Then, you heard faint noises and other voices coming into the room. 

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!?"

The back of your head abruptly banged harshly against the hard wall. You let out a hiss of pain as you cradled your hurt head. 

"Gosh darn it Eren! Now my head hurts (◞‸◟)" You cursed at him as you rubbed your head. 

You looked up to find Captain Levi and Hange just entered the room. 

When did they get here?

"We're here to let you out. We have a meeting to attend." Captain explained. 

Guess that's expected. The survivors of the expedition must be included to discuss next course of actions. 

As Mikasa and Eren were let out of the cages, you remained in your seat. The guilt eating at your stomach again, avoiding eye contact with everyone. 

You really didn't feel like going. Knowing that word gets out quick, you didn't want more words spreading how you "failed" to save the commander. 

'Do they know?' You asked. 

"Huh?" 

'Is their word about me and what happened with the commander?' 

Hange let out a sigh, trying to find a way to let you down easy. 

"Commander Erwin's death is already known, but only a few people know the truth. Twisted words or not, what's done is done. There's bigger issues to worry about." Captain explained.