Chapter 9 (Rewritten)

Darkness...

Silence...

Everything sound around you sounded faint. All you could hear was a slow beating of your heart syncing with your breathing. 

You listened closely. 

Sounds of boots hitting the ground, circling around you. You listened closely once more. Your eyes quickly widened. 

"Each of them are going for an attack!"

The sensations got stronger, but you tried your best to remain calm and focus. 

One to the left. One to the right, and one from behind. They're all attacking at once. 

You concentrated hard to try to predict their next moves. 

"The one from the left is going to attack first!" Just as you predicted, you felt movement towards you. 

You dodged it quick with a duck and used your legs to sweep him off his feet, making him land harshly on the ground. 

"The one on the right will attack next!"  

You dodged his fast strike and delivered him an elbow to the head, making him collapse onto the ground.  

"The one from behind will--" 

*BAM!*

You were hit and stumbled back a bit. 

You felt the sensation go towards your face, time seemed to slow as you somehow managed to dodge by quickly stepping back. 

The sensation kept trying to aim forward, but you kept trying your best to dodge. Earning a few hits in the process. 

You began to grow tired as you felt the force of your body get pushed back. 

You were getting pinned down. 

"Shit!" You were going to lose!

You reacted quickly and even surprised yourself, you managed to maneuver yourself around the body, allowing the body of your opponent to fall against the ground. 

You fell with them but managed to land on top, pinning him awkwardly. 

"Haa...haa..." You let out harsh breaths. 

You barely survived that...

You took a breather before slowly getting up. 

You removed the eye patch from your right eye (your left eye is kept closed) and looked to see Reiner, Eren, and Bertholdt on the ground. 

You couldn't believe it; you didn't think you can actually do the dare. 

During spare training, Reiner wanted to test your skill. He talked about how he knew someone back from their village that had a similar fighting style as yours. 

"She was able to take down three people at once. Blindfolded too." He spoke. 

"No way, seriously!?" Eren exclaimed. 

"Yeah."

You looked at Bertholdt, his eyes were on you. But he quickly looked away once the two of you made eye contact. 

Why was he looking at you...?

"Hey, Y/n." Reiner suddenly appeared in front of you. 

"Can you do that?"

"Hm!?" You made a confused noise. 

"Yeah, think you can take us all at once while blindfolded?"

"Reiner!" Bertholdt exclaimed.